Stephy Mavididi - joined Dijon

Louby

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s from Derby but that’s all I know about him. Remember being quite surprised at that. Would be a bizzare move from juve to us, loan or Permanent. Only reason would surely be coming back to where he was born. Unrealistic I feel, need to shift some if the crap upfront before we sign another there too, although I think we will need at least another there eventually.

EDIT: Link says loan which makes more sense. Still doubt Juve will loan him out to us, particularly with prem clubs like villa and Newcastle interested. Another one us and Leeds would have no chance at but randomly linked in with anyway. Expect him to go out on loan to someone in the prem.

I don't see any real reason that he'd choose to come on loan to Derby vs one of the prem teams. I get he's from Derby but does that hold much weight? - I guess if he was a Derby fan growing up maybe. Seems unlikely.

Would be awesome though.

6 minutes ago, rsmini said:

I wonder if he was on Derby's books before he went to Arsenal? Also I notice the Talksport article mentions the incoming Juventus manager ... Sarri ?

Nah, was always on Arsenal's books.

42 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

At least it’s interesting being linked with all these random players instead of the same regurgitated names years after year

We did manage to sign Waghorn in the end though

Read a piece on this guy on the bbc a month or 2 ago. Stuck in the memory as he was Derby born. Also from memory he’d made only the odd appearance but was hoping to kick on. So a loan is as believable like any of Chelsea, Liverpool etc farming out their kids.

Born in Derby, England, the former Arsenal youth player only turns 21 in May, but Bianconeri scouts have been following his progress for quite some time. Signed last summer for a fee of €2 million (£1.7m/$2.2m), Juve are convinced they got a bargain.

Not since David Platt turned out for the Turin giants over 25 years ago has an English player represented Juve's first team, but he will see a familiar face in Aaron Ramsey when the Welsh midfielder completes his move in the summer.

From September to present day Mavididi has played 31 one times in Serie C, scoring six goals along the way. A striker by trade, the 20-year-old is capable of playing elsewhere along the front line due to his biggest attribute: pace.

Far from a huge physical specimen, the starlet's speed allows him to roam between the lines before using quick bursts to gain ground and provide a tactical advantage for his team.

Interestingly, despite becoming a professional at the Emirates back in 2015, Mavididi never actually played a first-team match for the Gunners, instead taking in loan spells at Charlton and Preston North End between 2017 and 2018.

Mavididi has represented England at U17, U18, U19 and U20 levels, though his call-ups have been few and far between since making the switch to Italy.

Archived