Expectations for next season ?

ram1964

If all went well, and with management continuity, challenging for an auto promotion spot would be possible. Things don't always go to plan, like when we lost Will Hughes and Bryson with bad injuries when Clement was at the club.

Anyhow, would expect us to make top 6 next season. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to be aiming for top 6 again I reckon. Last season saw a really slow start with regards to bedding in our style of play. Hopefully the players from last year (and a few new ones) will be able to hit the ground running next season. Would love to see Tomori back and growing again as a player, a few shrewd signings which don’t break the bank, and some more hungry youngsters coming through into the match day squad. ???

3 hours ago, Dean_Saunders said:

If we can “Find A Pukki” like Norwich did then top 2 could be a possibility assuming Shinny is good and we can get a center half to replace Tomori.

Could easily go backward from this season with no fault to anyone.

We actually had Pukki on trial under Clough.

Signed Martin on a free instead though so we can’t really moan!

I'm as optimistic about next season as I was going into the 14/15 season under Mac1. I think we're in a similar state. We need to invest smartly, perhaps utilise the loan market to its full potential again, but absolutely no reason we can't be very competitive next season. Lampard and his staff have had a good foundation year at this level, definitely learned some important lessons along the way and will be much better for it. 

I'd go as far as saying that if we do in fact lose Lampard that any good manager worth his weight would be able to do a lot with this team. We've got plenty of room in the budget as well, which is something again that Lampard and Rowett weren't able to have. Morris has grown a lot as an owner too, so I would even go as far as saying that this is the best place the club has been in over a decade. 

July - Bielsa to chelsea. Lampard to Leeds. Bogle to burnley. 

August - Gary and Phil Neville appointed. Scholes too. No-one quite sure who does what.

Sept - vydra returns on half-season loan. 

October - butterfield, anya, thorne and martin all restored to the starting line up for the away fixture at Luton.

November - tom Lawrence has a good 20 minutes v sheffield wednesday. Forum meltdown. 

December - brexit finally achieved. ban on foreign imports in jan.

january - Man utd away in the cup. 

Feb - Danny welbeck signed in january, scores v barnsley but is injured in the process.

March - wheels come off but martin and anya selected for scotland

April - accounts issued. Wages hit £47million but Derby turn a £30m loss into a £10m profit after trading in futures

may - another near miss. Keogh wins player of the year. Sibley wins young player of the year. 

June - the nevilles walk out to join Sunderland. Sibley joins burnley. Shen Xiangfu appointed Rams new boss. 

I think top half. We've lost 3 players worth around £75mn and it's not at all obvious we'll get as good players again in on loan.  Bogle likely to go.

So we need at least one new RB (2 if Wisdom goes) a CB, a creative midfielder, a winger. And they all need to gel 

And we're constrained in what we can spend.

I'd be happy with top 10 while we clear out the last of the high wage earners: Martin, Thorne, Anya 

This definitely is ac season of transition for me

As a couple have mentioned, it’s far too early and the club have a lot of work to do in the transfer window before laying down expectations of top 6 finishes.

We also have 23 other clubs in the league which will also be doing work in the transfer market over the next couple of months. 

I think it’s a tad arrogant to sit here now, with the players that have left the club, to suggest we should be top 6 again because of last season. 

A club this size should be targeting top 6 don’t get me wrong, and I’m sure that’s the ambition from within the club.

But expectations, I think it’s time to just hold back a bit and wait until we have the foundations on paper to base those on. 

Don’t underestimate how difficult it will be to replace 3 high quality loans, all of which were successful moves which became key players in the team.

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

I think top half. We've lost 3 players worth around £75m

But we retained Anya, Blackman and Butterfield!

And we're constrained in what we can spend.

Says who and why?

This definitely is ac season of transition for me

Transition from what to what?

16 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Top 2 might be too difficult with teams coming down with parachute payments

People say this every year but, without looking, I don't think it's very often that the teams coming down go straight back up. Think Newcastle are the only team to do it recently (happy to be told if I'm talking rubbish!)

The Premier League demands its teams pull out of the champions league due to a row with UEFA over VAR after in week one of the prem 8 goals were disallowed for not having the ball in the D at corners.

UEFA insist that the top teams from the Championship go into the Champions League, Norwich, Villa and Sheff U refuse due their new premier league status.

Bogle is signed by Man City for £25m and loaned back to us for the season.

We get Mount and Ampadu on loan for the season with buy out clauses should we go up

With the £25m we buy Harry Wilson, Turnbull, Kane and a top centre half

David Nugent retires and becomes player coach at fylde

Xmas we are 4th 8 points off of second, scrape through our champions league group in the last game away at Gent, Rams fans have a great away day, months later loads of babies born with Derbyshire accents in belgium.

January FA Cup in spite of Bogle and Ampadu's horrific collision Derby come good with Kane and a revitalised Thorne to beat Liverpool 3-1 after extra time.

Bogle and Ampadu out for the season.

The Rams go on a 14 game winning streak in the league the last of which condemns Forest to be bottom of the table. The following game we beat them 8-0 in the FA Cup Quarter Final, Chris Martin bags five in his first start this season after 30 goal Waghorn is rested.

Derby are Top, in the semi's of both the FA Cup and the Champions league when Waghorn dislocates his shoulder and is out for the rest of the season.

Chris Martin comes in and forms a lethal partnership with Marriott. FA Cup Semi we roll Arsenal over 4-1, forums go into melt down because of Roos error for the Arsenal goal, despite his 28 clean sheets this season, some even questioning Lampards ability as a manager.

Derby lose 3-1 to Juventus in Turin and Keogh and Mount are booked and will miss the return.

However with Sibley in for Mount and Ethan Wassal in for Keogh Derby are majestic. 3-0 after 20 minutes. Then taunt them for 70 after we go through on away goals, Ronaldo loses and assualts the ref and gets a life ban from football.

Derby are Champions of the Championship, and looking forward to Man U in the FA Cup Final and Leeds in the champions league final.

We do Man U 1-0 in boring but energy sapping FA Cup final and then a tired Derby fight out a bore 0-0 versus Leeds and win on penalties 11-10 Roos scoring and saving the last two penalties.

Waghorn goes on a 48 hour snapchat bender in full kit.

For those who are interested - the champions league Final team is

Roos

Kane

Keogh

Evans

Lowe

Thorne

Wilson

Turnbull

Mount

Martin

Marriott

Not to unrealistic I think apart from Leeds getting to that final maybe

PS Villa finish bottom with 7 points in the prem

?

13 hours ago, Err ram io said:

Lamps to depart but Jody to stay.

Top2 finish our target!!!

Forest and Stoke have spent big money- will it be their year ??

I RECKON its Steve Bruce #top man

Our surprise from Mel ? 

come on wtf GIF

2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

The Premier League demands its teams pull out of the champions league due to a row with UEFA over VAR after in week one of the prem 8 goals were disallowed for not having the ball in the D at corners.

UEFA insist that the top teams from the Championship go into the Champions League, Norwich, Villa and Sheff U refuse due their new premier league status.

Bogle is signed by Man City for £25m and loaned back to us for the season.

We get Mount and Ampadu on loan for the season with buy out clauses should we go up

With the £25m we buy Harry Wilson, Turnbull, Kane and a top centre half

David Nugent retires and becomes player coach at fylde

Xmas we are 4th 8 points off of second, scrape through our champions league group in the last game away at Gent, Rams fans have a great away day, months later loads of babies born with Derbyshire accents in belgium.

January FA Cup in spite of Bogle and Ampadu's horrific collision Derby come good with Kane and a revitalised Thorne to beat Liverpool 3-1 after extra time.

Bogle and Ampadu out for the season.

The Rams go on a 14 game winning streak in the league the last of which condemns Forest to be bottom of the table. The following game we beat them 8-0 in the FA Cup Quarter Final, Chris Martin bags five in his first start this season after 30 goal Waghorn is rested.

Derby are Top, in the semi's of both the FA Cup and the Champions league when Waghorn dislocates his shoulder and is out for the rest of the season.

Chris Martin comes in and forms a lethal partnership with Marriott. FA Cup Semi we roll Arsenal over 4-1, forums go into melt down because of Roos error for the Arsenal goal, despite his 28 clean sheets this season, some even questioning Lampards ability as a manager.

Derby lose 3-1 to Juventus in Turin and Keogh and Mount are booked and will miss the return.

However with Sibley in for Mount and Ethan Wassal in for Keogh Derby are majestic. 3-0 after 20 minutes. Then taunt them for 70 after we go through on away goals, Ronaldo loses and assualts the ref and gets a life ban from football.

Derby are Champions of the Championship, and looking forward to Man U in the FA Cup Final and Leeds in the champions league final.

We do Man U 1-0 in boring but energy sapping FA Cup final and then a tired Derby fight out a bore 0-0 versus Leeds and win on penalties 11-10 Roos scoring and saving the last two penalties.

Waghorn goes on a 48 hour snapchat bender in full kit.

For those who are interested - the champions league Final team is

Roos

Kane

Keogh

Evans

Lowe

Thorne

Wilson

Turnbull

Mount

Martin

Marriott