Expectations for next season ?

ram1964

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lampard has had one season in management now, so I expect nothing less than champions next season.

Hard to really tell at the moment with us only having half a team - depends on our recruitment what my expectations are. If we fill the team with 11 Mason Mount quality level players we will win the league. If we fill it with Claude Davis level of quality we are getting relegated.

Top two obviously ?

Frank has had a seson to make mistakes

Holmes was slowly brought into the side & performed well. Waghorn only settled & found his shooting boots later in the season. Last seasons signings will hit the groubd running. Just a couple of decent loabs needed now ??

Once we know a bit more I hope we have a poll, but it's too early for that right now.

Hoping the management team stays in place, I think we need to aim for top-6 again. With the parachute payments there is a massive disparity in funding so top-6 is always punching above our weight. We keep doing it so must be getting something right.

After the playoff final disappointment Frank will be going for more consistency and automatics. That's partly about momentum, including having a great start and not letting your standards slip. That worked for Norwich and Sheff United but not dirty Leeds. My expectation is that Frank will be more ruthless and the team will be too. I'd love us to get over the line but I expect we'll be competing around the top-6 again.

I think there's few teams who can reasonably 'expect' to get top two. I only had 1 team last season who could realistically 'expect' to get top two and that was Stoke... and look how that turned out!

Currently, I think all teams in the Championship would be happy with top six next season. Maybe Leeds are hoping for top two, especially with being touted as favourites. But ever since Samu Saiz left in Christmas they've been bang average at best. I'll be keeping a close eye on all teams over the summer and seeing if anyone makes any moves that make me change my mind. But currently nobody is running away with the league.

I would be happy for us to finish top six. I think it's unrealistic/unfair to 'expect' top two. Obviously as a Derby chance I hope that we do it and think we've got a shout. But when I see the word 'expect', I see it as minimum requirement for me to be happy about that season. In order to progress and for me to raise my expectations for top two I think we need real investment. Mount, Tomori and Wilson will not be easy to replace. 

14 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Smash the league and have the title wrapped up by mid March....

i like to aim high and slowly lower my expectations as the season goes on.

That's 6 months later than the gumps.

My expectations are that the weather will stay nice enough that I won't want a Bovril until mid-October

And that getting to the game is going to be an absolute nightmare with all that roadwork stuff

Oh - Football related? No thanks...

I think this will be Frank's team and hopefully all the deadwood gone.

I still think if we can get Martin really fit a great squad player would link up great with Marriott.

Martin needs to get super fit and he has something to offer???

All I really want is to enjoy it.

Season just gone was great, some top performances and real highs, there isn’t much that beats the feeling after the Leeds game. That said I’m not too worried where we finish, good performances and continuing to have an affinity with the players is much more important to me than an arbitrary top X finish. I wasn’t too worried about going up last season, the main reason I wanted to was because I felt the players deserved it and I wanted it for them more than myself. Last season was the first time I’ve felt like that since 13/14. Being slightly more consistent with those better performances would be about it for me really, wherever that leaves us so be it.

23 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't like to have big expectations as it leads to greater disappointment....but I expect top 6 this year as a minimum but I wouldn't be surprised to go up in the autos....I think,with the right recruitment we really could have a chance this time.

This sounds to me like extremely high expectations 

My expectations are for seeing a couple more undiscovered gems coming into the squad, another bogle discovery.

An attractive style of play that occasionally comes unstuck against teams of lumbering Neanderthals. 

And for Curtains to keep us all in a state of bewilderment with random pronouncements about non Derby players.

Position?  No idea ?

Archived