Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David

Fikayo Tomori

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Why? 

To me he is a newer breed of defender, competent defensively but also largely responsible for starting attacks from deep. In a Sean Dyche team that relies on clean sheets you can’t have a centre back that has probably one brain fart per game and is at this stage of his career weak in the air. I haven’t done so but if I was to go back last season and count the amount of times his man scored or won a header from a set piece I think it would be a lot. To us that was less important because he was so important in other ways but Dyche would have a heart attack at the first sign of one of his centre backs taking a risk on the ball. Then you consider that £15m would smash Burnley’s transfer record which makes it even more of a risk.

A far more likely move would be to Brighton I imagine if they lose one or both of their centre backs. Think he’d fit in perfectly well with Potter’s style. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's time we move on from Tomori, Mount and Wilson.

We hardly have any luck with loans when trying to go all out to sign them.

Promotion was guaranteed when we signed Thorne, before lady luck slapped us round the face.

Promotion was guaranteed when we finally signed Andre Wisdom etc etc.

Cocu might not even fancy them.

Share this post


Link to post

The loans we had did give  us a good year but did we go up automatically? The answer to that is no we actually finished a point worse off than the last. Let Cocu get who he wants in and let's stop fanticising over loans which has become a bit of a habit at this club  

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

The loans we had did give  us a good year but did we go up automatically? The answer to that is no we actually finished a point worse off than the last. Let Cocu get who he wants in and let's stop fanticising over loans which has become a bit of a habit at this club  

No fantasy. I refer you to the Mel Morris interview on Thursday. Made it abundantly clear that from a strategic club development perspective (and no doubt financial viewpoint) that we would be looking to maximise the loan market this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No fantasy. I refer you to the Mel Morris interview on Thursday. Made it abundantly clear that from a strategic club development perspective (and no doubt financial viewpoint) that we would be looking to maximise the loan market this summer.

I don't deny that we will be getting players on loan again, but unless we try to sign any of the 3 permanently I can't see them returning.

Clubs tend to vary the teams players go out to so they experience different environments and challenges, Bamford was a perfect example, he did well at MK Dons but Chelsea were already eyeing his next challenge (us).

'The reality is' if we are loaning good premiership players, we either get promoted with them and get them on loan again in the prem, or they return to their respective clubs more valuable players and with people willing to chuck millions at them, Ibe at Liverpool and Tomori/Wilson potentially also.

Share this post


Link to post

I do find comments about Burnley and how they'd ruin Tomori a bit strange.

I agree with the fact that they play a pretty agricultural game however Tomori has a very good long pass on him which they could utilise. 

Plus Dyche done pretty well to buy defenders cheap and develop them into better players:

Michael Keane and James Tarkowski both England internationals now. Even Ben Mee for them is a solid prem defender now. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

No fantasy. I refer you to the Mel Morris interview on Thursday. Made it abundantly clear that from a strategic club development perspective (and no doubt financial viewpoint) that we would be looking to maximise the loan market this summer.

It’s modern football. Unless you’re very lucky and everything clicks with the squad you have and can afford, loanees are essential to clubs like ours looking to achieve promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post

Just don't get this anti-Burnley stuff - without their generous donation of £20m for 2 of our players we would have been deeply embedded in the mire with regard to FFP.

You might not admire his style of football but Dyche has done an amazing job to keep Burnley in the PL for the last 3 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post

The daily star have reported this, not exactly reliable, chelsea don’t need to sell and 15 mil isn’t a lot considering they sold morata for 60 mil yesterday. They have sold 200mil worth in this ban. The will loan him or keep him surely 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

No fantasy. I refer you to the Mel Morris interview on Thursday. Made it abundantly clear that from a strategic club development perspective (and no doubt financial viewpoint) that we would be looking to maximise the loan market this summer.

Yes and I’m sure he said that he’d already had chats with FL regarding future loans?

However Phil might say “no thanks, I’ve got my own ideas and signings”. Say was get 3 of Frank’s cast offs from the Chelsea squad and do well, it may well be Frank we are thanking not Phil. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, nottingram said:

To me he is a newer breed of defender, competent defensively but also largely responsible for starting attacks from deep. In a Sean Dyche team that relies on clean sheets you can’t have a centre back that has probably one brain fart per game and is at this stage of his career weak in the air. I haven’t done so but if I was to go back last season and count the amount of times his man scored or won a header from a set piece I think it would be a lot. To us that was less important because he was so important in other ways but Dyche would have a heart attack at the first sign of one of his centre backs taking a risk on the ball. Then you consider that £15m would smash Burnley’s transfer record which makes it even more of a risk.

A far more likely move would be to Brighton I imagine if they lose one or both of their centre backs. Think he’d fit in perfectly well with Potter’s style. 

So you know more than a manager of a premier league football club, despite the fact that they are much maligned by a lot of football snobbery, know who they are and what they about and never ever really flirt with relegation, and even made it into Europe before?

Maybe Dyche is looking at ways to improve his team further.... maybe he sees Tomori as a perfect fit to play alongside a tough hard defender.... 

Share this post


Link to post
On 06/07/2019 at 11:39, Carnero said:

Some forum heavyweights seem to be changing user names lately @reverendo de duivel

I know this is going to make me look sillier than a youngster who doesn't recognise Hector and O'Hare but it's really bugging me what the previous name of the artist now known as @reverendo de duivel was.  I'm going for Gritters (as I'm sure many have said over the years 🤣) Am I right?  Do I win a prize?  Oh it's killing me...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.