Fikayo Tomori

David

15 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I have a theory why we haven't seen any movement on the Chelsea loan front. It's totally unfounded and just an opinion but maybe Frank is a bit wary of helping Cocu too much in case he smashes the league and makes him look a bit of a mug for not doing the same. Also to throw another conspiracy theory out there. In the midst of the is Frank going/not going saga, Jody Morris liked a tweet that went something like "some people burn bridges and then expect you to send them yachts." It was interpreted at the time as a cryptic link between Frank and Abramovich. However at the time I wondered if it was a dig at Mel by Jody. Alright, I know I'm rambling a bit but it is a hot day and the old grey matter has had a bit of a frying but stranger things have happened. Cue a plethora of Chelsea loanees now I've spouted all that.

I doubt it. Both Frank and Jody seemed to be very much full of praise with Mel when they made statements when they left, and they didn't need to do so, Jody in particular. I don't think Jody would have made sure to single Mel out for praise in his if he'd fallen out with him to the point that he was making digs at him on Twitter.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thunk the message is the same at both clubs. You have to promote the youth.

They're keeping hold of theirs and Cocu's giving our lads a go.

It may not be exciting but it is potentially a great platform to build upon and a terrific incentive to aspiring young rams.

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

I doubt it. Both Frank and Jody seemed to be very much full of praise with Mel when they made statements when they left, and they didn't need to do so, Jody in particular. I don't think Jody would have made sure to single Mel out for praise in his if he'd fallen out with him to the point that he was making digs at him on Twitter.

I haven't seen the Jody statement but you're right Mel and Frank did seem to part on good terms. Just thought it's a little strange nothing has happened in that department. It would be foolhardy of us not to utilise such a link.

16 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

You could be on to something there. Cocu let slip in a recent interview that talks had been going on for a while so it wasn't all as whirlwind as it appeared.

Apparently Frank started talks with Chelsea before we played Leeds! The club must have known for sometime that his departure was on the cards and would have started to draw up a list of possible replacements .

3 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Apparently Frank started talks with Chelsea before we played Leeds! The club must have known for sometime that his departure was on the cards and would have started to draw up a list of possible replacements .

The only people who I've seen saying that are the same people who claim the moon landings were faked and the earth is flat

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

The only people who I've seen saying that are the same people who claim the moon landings were faked and the earth is flat

So why at the Wembley interview when asked about next season did he say " we will see"  similar to that off Billy Davies, Oh and ref the moon, why are their no stars in the background?? 

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

How the feck can HITC turn this journalist's story into:

"Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori has ‘no interest’ in returning to Derby County this summer, according to The Standard. In fact, he doesn’t want to join any Championship club with the England U21 international fully focused on proving himself in the Premier League."

This is how twots like these start the Chinese Whispers among some of our "less intelligent" fans.

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

Same thing as I was told, but haven't ever shared it as not 100 percent it was true.

I was told he had spoke to Chelsea before Wembley and Derby players had heard about it, Lamps and Keogh had a bust up before the Wembley game about it due to Lampard telling the players Loyalty comes first. 

I'm sure the person was wrong, but they weren't wrong about Johnny Russell wanting to leave for America.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Same thing as I was told, but haven't ever shared it as not 100 percent it was true.

I was told he had spoke to Chelsea before Wembley and Derby players had heard about it, Lamps and Keogh had a bust up before the Wembley game about it due to Lampard telling the players Loyalty comes first. 

I'm sure the person was wrong, but they weren't wrong about Johnny Russell wanting to leave for America.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo please tell me we haven't got a snake mark 2.I liked Frank on the other hand Rowett was a complete nob.

40 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Somewhat cryptic comment by Phil that he talked to Mel in a preliminary way 'weeks' before signing. This could be two or more weeks. Speculation about Sarri leaving and Frank arriving seemed to go on for ages.

In an earlier interview he specifically said May

18 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo please tell me we haven't got a snake mark 2.I liked Frank on the other hand Rowett was a complete nob.

No I don't think we have, Lampard was more of a gentleman and let's be honest Chelsea is hardly jumping ship for Stoke City.

I don't believe for a second though that Frank's first conversations with Chelsea about becoming manager were once the Wembley game had concluded.

1 hour ago, BodminRam said:

So why at the Wembley interview when asked about next season did he say " we will see"  similar to that off Billy Davies, Oh and ref the moon, why are their no stars in the background?? 

Because a lot of managers say that - He'd been saying for months that he and Mel would sit down at the end of the season to review how things had gone and what they wanted to do moving forwards

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Cocu said himself he was first contacted by Mel in May

I haven't read that interview - Could you share it please?

Archived