Fikayo Tomori

Day

42 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's really strange. We send players out on loan and the first time they get a good review in the papers everyone demand we bring them back. We take players on loan who play and everyone expects them to stay on loan here forever. Would not be surprised if there are some who still want Leon Osman to come back!

It's our fans mate. They get hung up on a player and can't see past them. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Papahet said:

I'd argue the likes of Tammy Abraham and Andre Wisdom have suffered because they've jumped straight into Premiership loan's off the back of a successful season in the Championship.

Wisdom was shockingly bad at both Norwich and WBA. It was only at a top side (used to winning)  in RB Salzburg he shown abit of form again .

How much of a impact did Abraham have whilst on loan at Swansea? he looked an absolute donkey the vast majority of the time to be honest. T'was only last season, again another Championship loan where he looked back to the player he was in 16/17.

Tomori is 21, which is ridiculously young for a CB. What harm would another Championship loan do? Whether us or someone else.  He was hardly a standout performer at Hull whilst on loan there BTW, it was only last season, in a side who like to attack and win games his performances shone through ?

Ditto Abraham w/ Bristol and Villa

It's true, but if you're Chelsea you have to know one way or the other if he'll sink or swim.

28 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

There appears to be a three stage process here...

Demonstrate he's been given at shot at Chelsea. That's done.

Look at potential loans in Prem, Bundesliga etc - ongoing and presume they have contact with clubs. Focus being on ensuring wherever he goes he is going to get games.

Final stage is that if the above can't be satisfied then he goes back out to Championship or similar level

Whilst he was great to have last year I am not convinced a prem side will take a chance on him as a loan. He was good last year but he made at least one mistake or rash challenge every game. Mostly his pace got him out of it last year but the Prem is a lot less forgiving and mistakes are more frequently punished. 

I could see Burnley or someone buying him to develop just the risk for Chelsea is that he goes to a Sheff U, Villa type place...makes a couple of errors early and then doesn't play. That slows his development somewhat.

I hope we don't wait too long. We were looking at the young city defender who was at WBA last year.  Name escapes me. Centre back by trade but WBA played him right back. He's 6ft 5 so would fit in and add much needed height to the side. Suspect he will go elsewhere (Blackburn and WBA also linked) if we don't move quickly.

Holgate?

2 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

That’s who I thought as well.The Everton defender who’s 6 feet tall ,not 6 feet 5”!

I would rather not. My mate is an evertonian and I have seen him a few times. Usually played at full back, made lots of errors, and going by West Brom’s defence last season, I think I would prefer what we already have.

1 minute ago, Floppy Sausage said:

I would rather not. My mate is an evertonian and I have seen him a few times. Usually played at full back, made lots of errors, and going by West Brom’s defence last season, I think I would prefer what we already have.

It wasn't him that was meant. It was Tosin Adarabioyo.

10 minutes ago, Floppy Sausage said:

So you’ve seen your mate play full back a few times and he makes lots of errors. 

We definitely don’t want to sign him then. 

I have a theory why we haven't seen any movement on the Chelsea loan front. It's totally unfounded and just an opinion but maybe Frank is a bit wary of helping Cocu too much in case he smashes the league and makes him look a bit of a mug for not doing the same. Also to throw another conspiracy theory out there. In the midst of the is Frank going/not going saga, Jody Morris liked a tweet that went something like "some people burn bridges and then expect you to send them yachts." It was interpreted at the time as a cryptic link between Frank and Abramovich. However at the time I wondered if it was a dig at Mel by Jody. Alright, I know I'm rambling a bit but it is a hot day and the old grey matter has had a bit of a frying but stranger things have happened. Cue a plethora of Chelsea loanees now I've spouted all that.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I have a theory why we haven't seen any movement on the Chelsea loan front. It's totally unfounded and just an opinion but maybe Frank is a bit wary of helping Cocu too much in case he smashes the league and makes him look a bit of a mug for not doing the same. Also to throw another conspiracy theory out there. In the midst of the is Frank going/not going saga, Jody Morris liked a tweet that went something like "some people burn bridges and then expect you to send them yachts." It was interpreted at the time as a cryptic link between Frank and Abramovich. However at the time I wondered if it was a dig at Mel by Jody. Alright, I know I'm rambling a bit but it is a hot day and the old grey matter has had a bit of a frying but stranger things have happened. Cue a plethora of Chelsea loanees now I've spouted all that.

You have a very good, possible, second thought there.

10 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You have a very good, possible, second thought there.

Could be that they got wind that we had made contact with Cocu whilst Frank was still on holiday.

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

Could be that they got wind that we had made contact with Cocu whilst Frank was still on holiday.

You could be on to something there. Cocu let slip in a recent interview that talks had been going on for a while so it wasn't all as whirlwind as it appeared.

Archived