Harry Wilson - Joined Bournemouth

Chris Mills

I know there is meant to be some benefit from giving butters and blackman new contracts...but what is it ? because surely this contract will also run out and we will be in the same situation ?

anyone care to explain to a thicko ?

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Archied said:

People saying they wouldn’t want Wilson for big money ? Me I would love it if we could get him ,18 goals folks , 18 goals from a winger and the expectation every time he got the ball or placed it for a free kick , and not just 18 goals but many many world class goals , the boy puts bums on seats and is young so not dead money ,, if there is a way to do the deal ,get it done mel,

paying to watch football is about seeing players in your team that make you say wow and he does it in spades

Spot on - when he took a free kick we knew we had a real chance of scoring and it stopped Lawrence taking them all into he crowd

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

This Twitter account is giving it the big one. Calling out Nixon copying his stories and saying he revealed the Marriott deal first. Anyway, I love a good rumour so here you go:

Have to take the figures with a pinch of salt, but the trasnfermarkt website says Butterfield is worth £2.5 mill, Nick Blackman is £1.35 million and Wisdom is £2.5 million. So thats roughly £6.5 million - only another £15 million to find. (Bogle?)

Those 3 players have really played well over the past few season though, so I reckon we can con some club into paying more for them. Just take our word for it. Blackman scored a goal for us once, Wisdom apparently makes a good left back and Butterfield helped to get his boyhood club relegated. Well worth £21 million - I don't care what anyone says - we will even offer all three for a discount of £20 million to sweeten the deal for any club who wants them.

To be honest I'd be genuinely gutted if we spent big on Wilson. If we do have that sort of money to spend then I'd want it spread between CB, CDM, CM and two new wingers, less the three loans. I know you could argue that Shinnie will slot in at CDM but I really think we should focus on at least one central midfielder. I'd rather we spent big on that player.

Echoing some of the other thoughts on here, I have a very sneaky feeling we've got a wolves owner type investment coming. 

Linked with decent players on a decent amount of money, I can see invesent coming in and abusing the 'loan to buy' system. 

44 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Echoing some of the other thoughts on here, I have a very sneaky feeling we've got a wolves owner type investment coming. 

Linked with decent players on a decent amount of money, I can see invesent coming in and abusing the 'loan to buy' system. 

I think this might be putting the cart before the horse somewhat

We're being linked with one player - Who we had on loan last season - And whom Lampard has been vocal about wanting to get in (on loan) again next season - Who has also been rumoured to want to leave Liverpool for game time - At a time when Liverpool want to get rid of some fringe players

The other players we're being linked with are mostly free/low spends

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

I know there is meant to be some benefit from giving butters and blackman new contracts...but what is it ? because surely this contract will also run out and we will be in the same situation ?

anyone care to explain to a thicko ?

The assumption is that it will push the booked losses when we release them into a different financial year, which must be advantageous to the club in some way.

6 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Only just looked through this thread. Am I right in thinking that because Derby did an end of contract thank you tweet - that means we're buying him for £21m? There's no actual link or anything?

when you realize schitts creek GIF by CBC

12 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Only just looked through this thread. Am I right in thinking that because Derby did an end of contract thank you tweet - that means we're buying him for £21m? There's no actual link or anything?

Another mood hoover.

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

I know there is meant to be some benefit from giving butters and blackman new contracts...but what is it ?

So that we can cash in on them and use the money to buy Harry Wilson. Get with the programme girlfriend.

Archived