Harry Wilson - Joined Bournemouth

Chris Mills

£21m to bring back one third of last seasons loanees is a little eye watering. We'd still have a way to go to get the squad as strong as we'd need it.

A loan with a pre-agreed fee the following summer, maybe? 

Unless we're going on a final suicide charge for promotion and are planning to spend £50m this summer? ?

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Archied said:

If Derby did sign Wilson does that tell us lampard IS staying and intends to get Derby up before moving?

Or he's leaving and Chelsea are paying us £21m in compensation ?

18 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

Excuse me for not sharing in with the optimism of others, but nobody genuinely believes there’s a chance of this happening do they? 

There is always a genuine chance of anything happening barring that which has been scientifically proven to be impossible. 

If we signed Wilson for big money it proves we haven't learnt anything as a football club.

Only way this would make sense is a further year loan with a big loan fee and then the rest when we get promoted, which I can't imagine Liverpool would go for.

I would imagine this has been fabricated by player and agent to get some movement from premier league teams.

Think your all missing something here . 

Bogle = 10mill / 15 mill ???

Thomas =  1.2 mill 

At the worse case scenario it leaves only around 8 mill to find . Best case 4 mill .

Real question is who would you most want out of last years 3 players I would want mount , Tomori sooner than Wilson .

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we signed Wilson for big money it proves we haven't learnt anything as a football club.

Only way this would make sense is a further year loan with a big loan fee and then the rest when we get promoted, which I can't imagine Liverpool would go for.

I would imagine this has been fabricated by player and agent to get some movement from premier league teams.

100% - It's extremely unlikely but if it were to happen, I would be genuinely disappointed. Don't get me wrong, Wilson was fantastic last season but remember we were still a long way off the top 2, we need to improve in several places AND replace Mount and Tomori. If we were to spend £21m (net) in TOTAL I would still be concerned but on 1 player. Nah.

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So Wilson’s agent got Derby to tweet all those posts to get Wilson a Premier League move 

??

7 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

What has Harry been saying on Twitter  about Derby ???

He retweeted a highlights video that Derby put together of him and said thank you.

Everyone thinks he now wants to sign for us, rather than just thanking us for giving him his own highlights reel which his agent can show to Bournemouth and Newcastle.

20 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

100% - It's extremely unlikely but if it were to happen, I would be genuinely disappointed. Don't get me wrong, Wilson was fantastic last season but remember we were still a long way off the top 2, we need to improve in several places AND replace Mount and Tomori. If we were to spend £21m (net) in TOTAL I would still be concerned but on 1 player. Nah.

Leave it for the club to worry about. If we sign him would you be that disappointed that you don’t really have a clue what goes on behind the scenes but only believe what’s in your head. 

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

So Wilson’s agent got Derby to tweet all those posts to get Wilson a Premier League move 

??

Derby? All they have done is put together a highlight reel of arguably one of the best loan players we have had in terms of end product.

I wouldn't get too excited or you will be dissapointed. 

8 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Well villa were going broke last season under wages and then had investment and suddenly got abraham on 75 k a week and sure McGinn was 40 or 50 

Going broke and breaching ffp are not the same thing. They had money issues last season because dr xia couldnt take money out of china to pay the bills. They still had large parachute payments to keep them ffp compliant. If they hadnt gone up this season they would have breached ffp unless they sold their stadium. If we bring new investors in it wont make the slightest bit of difference to how much we can spend.

37 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Think your all missing something here . 

Bogle = 10mill / 15 mill ???

Thomas =  1.2 mill 

At the worse case scenario it leaves only around 8 mill to find . Best case 4 mill .

Real question is who would you most want out of last years 3 players I would want mount , Tomori sooner than Wilson .

We havent sold Bogle yet. Nor does it look like anyone is currently interested enough to put a bid in.

There's no way on earth we would pay the quoted amount. If, by some miracle, he ends up back here, it will be on loan again or with a heavily engineered transfer fee. £21m buys a new team where we are at currently.

Rather than considering the highly unlikely possibility that we would sign Wilson for £21m I'd much rather we look with some urgency at strengthening areas of the squad where we are weakest. With Tomori gone then a replacement CB is needed (Pinnock / Lindsay / Souttar) though that still means we need at least one and preferably two attacking midfielders just to fill the gaps left by Wilson and Mount.

40 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Do you know something, if you do please tell then I can stop talking drivel.

If we did sign him though, I just hope we were then able to strengthen the other areas of the team.

I meant I won’t be disappointed if he doesn’t sign. I would be delighted however if he does. 

Plenty more fish in the sea. 

5 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Leeds are enquiring about Wilson (and Ryan Kent) apparently:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/leeds-make-kent-approach

Well they have all Wilson’s stats don’t they!

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Harry Wilson?

He's the little guy who falls over a lot, bit like Norman Wisdom, right?

We need to be buying the sponge ingredients before the hundreds and thousands.

Believe me I have loved his goals, but of the three loanees he's the one I could give up easiest.

But replacing his goals and the matches he won is not so easy ?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

All depends on actual final price? Say £15 million sounds better than £25 million who knows but if we did sign him and he scored 18-20 goals next season then what would he be worth - would it be an investment? Maybe and maybe a good one? 

Archived