Harry Wilson - Joined Bournemouth

Chris Mills

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's worth bearing in mind that the transfer fee doesn't impact FFP (P&S) as he would be classed as an asset to the club for the same value, only his wages would be an issue. Although, all that being said, I can't see us spending £20+ million on one player. 

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

According to the Sun: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9256479/liverpool-harry-wilson-21m-rb-leipzig-transfer-Derby/

We want him permanently and his asking price is £21m. A number have clubs have been linked with interest, but marries up perfectly with the love-in between Wilson and Derby over the past 24 hours. 

I can't quite believe it. 

Is it wrong to say that I'd be quite disappointed with this IF it did happen? (and It's a bloody massive IF)

The money we'd have to spend to bring him in would be so much (Even if it's not the £21m quoted), and I'd feel that investment would be better suited in improving the whole team rather than just bringing in one player.

Let's be honest, though, it's never happening

We knew most of what’s in that article anyway, bar a slightly lower asking price and some other foreign clubs linked aboard (which I can’t see him being ready for imo, nor who would see him as good enough to spend that much money on him). Does stand out they’d say we still have permanent interest while in the championship. Surely we can’t afford that now?! I suppose it’s natural we’d take a look though after his loan, doubt anything will come of it tho.

9 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Is it wrong to say that I'd be quite disappointed with this IF it did happen? (and It's a bloody massive IF)

The money we'd have to spend to bring him in would be so much, and I'd feel that investment would be better suited in improving the whole team rather than just bringing in one player.

Let's be honest, though, it's never happening

Obviously Mel hasn't got a bottomless pit of money, but the transfer fee (I believe) is insignificant against FFP (P&S) regulations because he becomes an asset owned by the club, similar story to why we offer players contracts when it would be better to release them. 

Wilson would be deemed as an investment by Morris, undoubtedly, because young players with a consistent end product are so very rare. We can develop his all round game a lot easier than we can teach a player to have his composure infront of goal. 

Again, I don't quite believe it, but if it didn't seem so unrealistic you would look at the report, look at the flirting between the club and player and say it's definitely done. 

Archived