Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DarkFruitsRam7

Women’s World Cup

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Step forward Dion Dublin....😂

Was it him? I didn’t catch the game. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Was it him? I didn’t catch the game. 😀

Certainly was. Cue the tenuous link as Dion was able to explain he knew how the players not selected felt having been cut from the final 23 of the 1998 world cup....🤣

Share this post


Link to post

First Sheffield Wednesday and now France.

I've just watched the highlights from last nights game and noticed the French team trying to copy "our" bounce after scoring their first goal. 😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Excellent game, particularly the build up to the first goal, and the shot for the fourth.

England have it all to do to win this one...

South Korea were very weak though. Very ineffectual in the tackle in the first half so it was very easy for the french wingers to get away into space.

And they just backed off Henry. It was a decent shot but the Korean keeper was so small and didn't even do a big stretch dive....

The biggest advantage to France is that it does give them momentum. One of my great pleasures in life has been watching supposedly superior French sports teams unravel into spectacles of arguments, finger pointing and recriminations. With hopefully a few gallic shrugs...🤣

Share this post


Link to post

Good performances from both England and Scotland today. England looked to be tiring towards the end, while Scotland had a better second half and finished the game a lot stronger.

Share this post


Link to post

No representative male pundit in the studio. 

Sexism at its finest.

tut tut.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Good performances from both England and Scotland today. England looked to be tiring towards the end, while Scotland had a better second half and finished the game a lot stronger.

It was refreshing to see the respect between the 2 teams.

No diving, no feigning injury, no arguing or hassling the referee, good sportsmanship all round.

England will get better, and Scotland have come on leaps and bounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

It was refreshing to see the respect between the 2 teams.

No diving, no feigning injury, no arguing or hassling the referee, good sportsmanship all round.

England will get better, and Scotland have come on leaps and bounds. 

Was a bit disappointing to concede a penalty via VAR like - not arguing it wasn't, but it did take the stuffing out of scotland for most of the first half, and the second goal was largely self inflicted, but a smart pass and finish. England are a level above where Scotland are at present on that showing, yes Scotland got better in the second half but the attacking play lacked the zip of England's. 2-1 a fair reflection of the game. I thought it was quite a watchable game of football although i did two time it with Australia's run chase (India in limited overs Cricket are really super - expect them to be around at the sharp end)

Share this post


Link to post

Watched the match this afternoon, impressed with England bar a couple of mistakes they seemed to have learned off John stones. The Scots did a decent impersonation of their male counterparts losing to Kazakhstan first half, but the manager seemed to wake them up at half time and they were much better by the end.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Was a bit disappointing to concede a penalty via VAR like - not arguing it wasn't, but it did take the stuffing out of scotland for most of the first half, and the second goal was largely self inflicted, but a smart pass and finish. England are a level above where Scotland are at present on that showing, yes Scotland got better in the second half but the attacking play lacked the zip of England's. 2-1 a fair reflection of the game. I thought it was quite a watchable game of football although i did two time it with Australia's run chase (India in limited overs Cricket are really super - expect them to be around at the sharp end)

I watched the cricket highlights at night. India batting are something else. Michael Vaughan was giving the Aussies stick for the way they 'chased" the runs, basically slagging Smith and Warner for being too slow. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.