Women’s World Cup 2019

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 hours ago, Boycie said:

Wonder if we’ll have a token male pundit in the studio?

We have a token manager. 

Sith Happens

I think its good so much coverage,  have to say the lucozade footballs coming home is excellent.

4 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Excellent game, particularly the build up to the first goal, and the shot for the fourth.

England have it all to do to win this one...

South Korea were very weak though. Very ineffectual in the tackle in the first half so it was very easy for the french wingers to get away into space.

And they just backed off Henry. It was a decent shot but the Korean keeper was so small and didn't even do a big stretch dive....

The biggest advantage to France is that it does give them momentum. One of my great pleasures in life has been watching supposedly superior French sports teams unravel into spectacles of arguments, finger pointing and recriminations. With hopefully a few gallic shrugs...?

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

No representative male pundit in the studio. 

Sexism at its finest.

tut tut.

Wasn't the commentary men?

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Good performances from both England and Scotland today. England looked to be tiring towards the end, while Scotland had a better second half and finished the game a lot stronger.

It was refreshing to see the respect between the 2 teams.

No diving, no feigning injury, no arguing or hassling the referee, good sportsmanship all round.

England will get better, and Scotland have come on leaps and bounds. 

52 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

It was refreshing to see the respect between the 2 teams.

No diving, no feigning injury, no arguing or hassling the referee, good sportsmanship all round.

England will get better, and Scotland have come on leaps and bounds. 

Was a bit disappointing to concede a penalty via VAR like - not arguing it wasn't, but it did take the stuffing out of scotland for most of the first half, and the second goal was largely self inflicted, but a smart pass and finish. England are a level above where Scotland are at present on that showing, yes Scotland got better in the second half but the attacking play lacked the zip of England's. 2-1 a fair reflection of the game. I thought it was quite a watchable game of football although i did two time it with Australia's run chase (India in limited overs Cricket are really super - expect them to be around at the sharp end)

Watched the match this afternoon, impressed with England bar a couple of mistakes they seemed to have learned off John stones. The Scots did a decent impersonation of their male counterparts losing to Kazakhstan first half, but the manager seemed to wake them up at half time and they were much better by the end.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Was a bit disappointing to concede a penalty via VAR like - not arguing it wasn't, but it did take the stuffing out of scotland for most of the first half, and the second goal was largely self inflicted, but a smart pass and finish. England are a level above where Scotland are at present on that showing, yes Scotland got better in the second half but the attacking play lacked the zip of England's. 2-1 a fair reflection of the game. I thought it was quite a watchable game of football although i did two time it with Australia's run chase (India in limited overs Cricket are really super - expect them to be around at the sharp end)

I watched the cricket highlights at night. India batting are something else. Michael Vaughan was giving the Aussies stick for the way they 'chased" the runs, basically slagging Smith and Warner for being too slow. 

Archived