Women’s World Cup 2019

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ramit said:

Watching England VS Argentina.  Impressive penalty save by the Argentine keeper Correa.  England much the likelier side so far.

Yeah should wear these down and win it 2nd half, 2-0 I reckon. Argentina are defending well, as they did against Japan in their first game. It was a terrific penalty save.

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Enjoyable match just finished between Scotland and Japan.

What was most impressive for me was Hope Solo's analysis.....blooming perceptive I thought That lady has clearly got some tactical nous.

Are they only using VAR selectively?  Clear penalty should have been awarded to Scotland.

Sith Happens
27 minutes ago, ramit said:

Watching England VS Argentina.  Impressive penalty save by the Argentine keeper Correa.  England much the likelier side so far.

Been a good match. Agree Argentina keeper excellent has kept them in it

Sith Happens
Just now, HantsRam said:

Argentina's women are amateurs so its a bit like blyth Spartans taking on liverpool. 

But that's 1-0 from Jodie Taylor ?

To be fair when i have watched women's football always thought keeper's were a weak point. The Argentinian keepers has blown that view out of the water 

Just now, Paul71 said:

To be fair when i have watched women's football always thought keeper's were a weak point. The Argentinian keepers has blown that view out of the water 

It would help if they played with reduced sized goals, in proportion with how much smaller the average woman is compared to the average man. They should reduce the pitch dimensions by the same proportion too.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Carnero said:

It would help if they played with reduced sized goals, in proportion with how much smaller the average woman is compared to the average man. They should reduce the pitch dimensions by the same proportion too.

Nothing in this game has suggested that's needed.

Argentina need to throw their fullbacks into the attack to have any chance of equalizing.  Too few going forward.

Expect England to win this, as they have been dominant and would have scored more if not for the excellent Correa.

England VS China would be an interesting match IMO, both quick playing sides

38 minutes ago, ramit said:

Argentina need to throw their fullbacks into the attack to have any chance of equalizing.  Too few going forward.

Expect England to win this, as they have been dominant and would have scored more if not for the excellent Correa.

England VS China would be an interesting match IMO, both quick playing sides

Japan will be a big test as they play a lot of 1-touch passing possession football. Haven't been that impressed with England's performances so far but hope they grow into the tournament. 

Archived