International Rams 19/20

JfR

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Not both together yet though imo.

No and that's the problem. While our under 23s seem quite happy to play two fairly attacking midfielders the first team prefer two who are more defensive and just the one further forward.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

No and that's the problem. While our under 23s seem quite happy to play two fairly attacking midfielders the first team prefer two who are more defensive and just the one further forward.

I think that’s down to personnel available. At the start of the season we set up as a 433 (Bielik wasn’t match fit, Holmes was injured and Shinnie not favoured) - Evans picked you an injury in the first couple of games meaning Huddlestone was our only available DM... 433 made sense.

We shifted to 4231 when it was apparent we weren’t going to get a performance out of Dowell and Holmes was just returning from injury - Bielik has gained some match fitness but we didn’t have any fit AM, so we used Paterson as a sort of second striker instead... 4231 made sense. 

Recently, Waghorn was struggling for form, Jozefzoon was as well (may have had a small injury too), leaving us with Lawrence and Bennett who wasn’t playing too well either... this meant 442 flat/diamond suites the players available most. 

Chances are we’ll be using one of our DMs as a CB after the international break and we’ll revert back to 433 due to who is fit to play. With Rooney joining and Sibley/Knight improving, I’ll be surprised to see us line up with a 4231 in the second half of the season. 

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think that’s down to personnel available. At the start of the season we set up as a 433 (Bielik wasn’t match fit, Holmes was injured and Shinnie not favoured) - Evans picked you an injury in the first couple of games meaning Huddlestone was our only available DM... 433 made sense.

We shifted to 4231 when it was apparent we weren’t going to get a performance out of Dowell and Holmes was just returning from injury - Bielik has gained some match fitness but we didn’t have any fit AM, so we used Paterson as a sort of second striker instead... 4231 made sense. 

Recently, Waghorn was struggling for form, Jozefzoon was as well (may have had a small injury too), leaving us with Lawrence and Bennett who wasn’t playing too well either... this meant 442 flat/diamond suites the players available most. 

Chances are we’ll be using one of our DMs as a CB after the international break and we’ll revert back to 433 due to who is fit to play. With Rooney joining and Sibley/Knight improving, I’ll be surprised to see us line up with a 4231 in the second half of the season. 

Great analysis - I am useless at formations. I would just like us to be a bit more gung-ho; we feel so 'safe' at the moment. 

Some international news that might have gone under the radar, here.

Suriname have recently changed their international eligibility criteria. Previously any player wishing to play for Suriname and holding another passport would have to surrender their other passport to be eligible to play for the nation, but the rules have recently been changed to allow a special "sports passport" for players with Surinamese heritage which does not require the relinquishing of other citizenship.

Suriname have announced the first crop of players to take this offer up, and amongst them is Florian Jozefzoon.

22 hours ago, JfR said:

Some international news that might have gone under the radar, here.

Suriname have recently changed their international eligibility criteria. Previously any player wishing to play for Suriname and holding another passport would have to surrender their other passport to be eligible to play for the nation, but the rules have recently been changed to allow a special "sports passport" for players with Surinamese heritage which does not require the relinquishing of other citizenship.

Suriname have announced the first crop of players to take this offer up, and amongst them is Florian Jozefzoon.

You know I'd genuinely thought I'd passed the time when someone could talk about a country and I'd sincerely never heard of before.

Archived