International Rams 19/20

JfR

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

Graeme Shinnie on the bench for Scotland.

5C93E2D5-9D6B-41A7-A0CB-690FE539660E.png

Facing the number one ranked side in world football, and without the one player in their entire squad that could be realistically argued to be world class.
I wonder if the Scots will have the same view of Belgium after this game as they did last year.

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Facing the number one ranked side in world football, and without the one player in their entire squad that could be realistically argued to be world class.
I wonder if the Scots will have the same view of Belgium after this game as they did last year.

Yeah, but Shinnie will come on second half, it's a tactical master-stroke.

6 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Lawrence is playing really well for Wales.

I'd love to see him operate from a (more) central position next season. 

Came on to say exactly the same. Involved in everything positive so far and for saying they’ve got Bale and Daniels on the pitch he’s been the standout attacker. Bale has been a hindrance more than anything!

Sadly Duane has "reaggravated a left quadriceps strain which he suffered prior to the end of the league season with Derby County" according to the US Soccer report so drops out of their international squad for the summer. 

Hope this gives him the opportunity to get properly fit before the players return. 

Never good to see recurring injuries, always makes me worry about a players long term fitness. Devastated for Duane, to miss out on playing for your country must be awful. Should hopefully be fit I’d think by the time pre season comes but doesn’t help him now. Poor bloke. Looked to be really building up some praise from their fans too, must be so frustrating.

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Good to see the progress of Jason Knight with the Ireland U21s, with his third cap: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/06/knight-earns-third-cap-for-republic-of-ireland-u21s

Will it be a loan next year, or the chance around the first team? A decision likely to be made at the end of preseason.

He was still a U18 player last season despite playing a few for the 23s. I don’t expect any of our players going out on loan before getting a full season with the U23s first. With that being said, at least one of Bird, Sibley and Knight will either be in the 1st team or put on loan next season. As the oldest and ‘most experienced’, that’ll most likely be Bird. 

Jason knight clearly keeping up his devolpment then, seems to be extremely highly rated. Could have a career ahead of him. Would expect him to be one of the youngsters involved with the first team pre season And then a decision to made as to whether he gets promoted or not will be made. Will be excellent progress if he does, if not I expect a loan to whatever level he’s currently at could be possible,

Archived