Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JfR

International Rams 19/20

Recommended Posts

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/06/05/usmnt-jamaica-loss-gold-cup-friendly-berhalter-holmes-sargent

 The man of the match for the USA arguably was substitute Duane Holmes, who made his national team debut as a 66th-minute replacement for Roldan. Holmes was born in Georgia but moved to England with his mother as a child. The 24-year-old spent the past season at Derby County, and pulled off some of the best attacking moves of the evening for the sluggish U.S. In the 70th, some nice, tight control from Holmes put him in position to feed Arriola for a dangerous cross. A minute later, Holmes hit a nice cross of his own after adroitly settling a corner kick, service with which Sargent could only redirect a chance wide.

Berhalter complimented Sargent's later on-the-turn and on-target shot (the USA’s only one of the night), and of Holmes, the manager said, “Duane performed well. What you see from him is exactly what you saw at Derby County. He has this mobility. He has an aggressiveness. But he also has good technical ability in tight spaces. I thought he performed well tonight.”

Those were the U.S. highlights. On an evening with so few, Berhalter obviously took notice.

Share this post


Link to post

Great performance and rave reviews all over twitter. One thing I've seen is that he's been carrying a calf injury for that last 2 months, didn't know about that.

Also are the US playing with two hold up strikers or something? Weird to see two forwards pinning back two centre backs

Share this post


Link to post

You wouldn't think he was on the pitch for less than 30mins based on those highlight reels.

He will be a good player for us next season. Hopefully FL can find a few more gems in the lower leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Wow  what a debut, thank God he's ours!   🐏

Now confirmed in the last 23 for the Gold Cup, he could well be the star of their side! 

£250k to what value now and who knows in years time. One of the best buys we’ve made in years is Duane.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Now confirmed in the last 23 for the Gold Cup, he could well be the star of their side! 

£250k to what value now and who knows in years time. One of the best buys we’ve made in years is Duane.

Yes absolutely. Very good bit of business,  Lampard bringing Holmes to Derby. Future Rams star for many seasons hopefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Richard Keogh played the full 90 minutes in Ireland's qualifier against Gibraltar tonight and wanted a penalty at the death. The Irish won 2-0  and top the group: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/richard-keogh-helps-republic-ireland-2963920

And Jason Knight started for Ireland U21s in the Toulon Tournament in a 1-0 win over Bahrain that sees them through to the semifinals where they'll play the Brazil U22 side: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-ace-helps-ireland-2961343

Note different countries sent different age groups to this for some reason.

Edited by Carl Sagan

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Richard Keogh played the full 90 minutes in Ireland's qualifier against Gibraltar tonight and wanted a penalty at the death. The Irish won 2-0  and top the group: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/richard-keogh-helps-republic-ireland-2963920

And Jason Knight started for Ireland U21s in the Toulon Tournament in a 1-0 win over Bahrain that sees them through to the semifinals where they'll play the Brazil U22 side: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-ace-helps-ireland-2961343

Note different countries sent different age groups to this for some reason.

It's an odd one because it's a U22 competition. Different age groups have entered but have called up older players - Max Lowe for England U20s as an example. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Richard Keogh played the full 90 minutes in Ireland's qualifier against Gibraltar tonight and wanted a penalty at the death. The Irish won 2-0  and top the group: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/richard-keogh-helps-republic-ireland-2963920

And Jason Knight started for Ireland U21s in the Toulon Tournament in a 1-0 win over Bahrain that sees them through to the semifinals where they'll play the Brazil U22 side: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-ace-helps-ireland-2961343

Note different countries sent different age groups to this for some reason.

 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's an odd one because it's a U22 competition. Different age groups have entered but have called up older players - Max Lowe for England U20s as an example. 

It's the U21 euros this summer, England's actual u21 team is getting ready for that. 

Probably the same for a few counties with more important tournaments

Share this post


Link to post

A first start for Bogle at England youth level, and another for Lowe.
Don't know if this is being streamed somewhere or not.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, JfR said:

A first start for Bogle at England youth level, and another for Lowe.
Don't know if this is being streamed somewhere or not.

Seems like beIN and ESPN have rights to show it everywhere except England

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.