The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest's accounts are now available. Losses of over £25m after making a profit on player sales of £10.6m, and a 30% increase in wages. Supposedly just scraped inside the P&S limit for the period ending in 2019, but in real danger for the following period (this season). Forest will potentially need to make an additional profit of at least £10m when the window opens, on top of the £10m+ they've already made this season.

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Forest's accounts are now available. Losses of over £25m after making a profit on player sales of £10.6m, and a 30% increase in wages. Supposedly just scraped inside the P&S limit for the period ending in 2019, but in real danger for the following period (this season). Forest will potentially need to make an additional profit of at least £10m when the window opens, on top of the £10m+ they've already made this season.

But they won't worry when they get promoted to the Premier League.

There's fools and damn fools......and then there's Forest fans.

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If only they had a Greek club that could come in and offer them £20m for Ryan Yates & Tyler Walker.

52 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

But they won't worry when they get promoted to the Premier League.

There's fools and damn fools......and then there's Forest fans.

They'll still most likely fail P&S, as things stand, for the period ending 2020. The penalty may vary if they do fluke promotion though.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

If only they had a Greek club that could come in and offer them £20m for Ryan Yates & Tyler Walker.

That would happen as well. EFL points deduction for me, 40 points should do it.

On 29/02/2020 at 22:35, nottingram said:

Very strange football club

Indeed, this is a club that supposedly have a massive rivalry with Lilverpool...  Errrrrm ok

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To go with his valentines card.

Jesus H Bicycle Riding Christ.

image.png.f05a6f1a58dc76f1b7257fd2ec1afb89.png

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Don't worry they can sell their stadium... Ooh errrr.....the council own it. 

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They'll still most likely fail P&S, as things stand, for the period ending 2020. The penalty may vary if they do fluke promotion though.

What's to stop them just selling players to Olympiakos at inflated prices as @Carnero suggests?

Is there any reason they can't do that?

44 minutes ago, GenBr said:

What's to stop them just selling players to Olympiakos at inflated prices as @Carnero suggests?

Even worse, they could sell them to Olympiakos, book the profit and then buy them back for the same amount, inflating the balance sheet by £20m as a result!

Mel needs to buy himself a foreign club too.

51 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Nothing, as we’ve already seen with them. 
Forest have signed Tachtsidis, Kapino and Bouchalakis on frees, only to leave a season later. Soudani went the other way after having an awful first season at Forest. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Carvalho go there for a decent fee in the summer. 

I'd say its almost certain Carvalho leaves this summer. Clearly not particularly rated by Sabri, who I think will stay regardless of whether we gain promotion or not.

Whether we get 10m or not is anyone guess, but it'll be a reasonable price I'd imagine.

You could also reasonably suggest Worrall and/or Cash go in the summer if we dont gain promotion, which would be a huge shame. Big money there though.

17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I'd say its almost certain Carvalho leaves this summer. Clearly not particularly rated by Sabri, who I think will stay regardless of whether we gain promotion or not.

Whether we get 10m or not is anyone guess, but it'll be a reasonable price I'd imagine.

You could also reasonably suggest Worrall and/or Cash go in the summer if we dont gain promotion, which would be a huge shame. Big money there though.

I think it's ridiculous how your gaffer doesn't rate him tbh, every time I've seen him play he's played well.

Archived