The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As we know, the cold winds have yet to start blowing.

if forest are still doing well round the festive season I'll believe they've progressed, but they start well most seasons before fading.

Still, a good start and another good result so they'll be some gump lovin tonight i'm sure.

I thought i noticed a hint of snow in the air before the Cardiff game

3 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

7 games played

All top 9 teams

Forest look good so far this season, will be interesting to see if it’s sustainable but can’t say you lot lack squad depth, just depends on quality. 

Hate to say it, I think you’re going to be challenging for top 6 alright.

19 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Forest look good so far this season, will be interesting to see if it’s sustainable but can’t say you lot lack squad depth, just depends on quality. 

Hate to say it, I think you’re going to be challenging for top 6 alright.

spacer.png

Forest squad A-Z 2019/20.

Nowt to do with recruitment or agents .  It's called the 'through enough poo and see what sticks' method .

The opportunity is there for Forest, but you could say that for Blackburn, QPR, Preston, Birmingham, Swansea, Charlton and any other unfancied team who can put a decent run together.

Leeds, West Brom and Fulham are the favourites, the teams that carry the X on their backs, but in the early weeks, we have seen they can be easily negated or frustrated.

The Championship proves every year that you don't necessarily require a team of stars to succeed, but a manager with a plan and a vision and the players who are ready and capable of buying into it.

Forest have made a good start, but a start is all it is. Last season, they looked like they were in contention and then imploded from January onwards. They still have plenty to prove before we cast envious glances down the A52.

Fortunes can change very quickly in this division. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we were above them going into the first East Midlands Derby of the league season.

Fair point Jourdan. Im not getting carried away yet. 

Made a very reasonable start given I think we've had the trickiest set of fixtures from anyone in the league. Pretty sure I saw someone post on twitter that all of the 7 we've played so far are in the top 9. 2 of our wins coming away from home too. 

Think we'll need a extra player upfront if we're to continue competing. A Grabban injury would have the possibility of derailing us due to the lack of a replacement. 

Long way to go.. As for you guys, when does Rooney arrive? Should have enough time to help with the relegation fight eh.. 

10 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Made a very reasonable start given I think we've had the trickiest set of fixtures from anyone in the league. Pretty sure I saw someone post on twitter that all of the 7 we've played so far are in the top 9. 2 of our wins coming away from home too. 

Think we'll need a extra player upfront if we're to continue competing. A Grabban injury would have the possibility of derailing us due to the lack of a replacement. 

Long way to go.. As for you guys, when does Rooney arrive? Should have enough time to help with the relegation fight eh.. 

Good points although you really do have to stop forgetting that the table is not finalised by mid September. I know there is a common misconception in notts that it is.

On 14/09/2019 at 18:23, eezzeetiger said:

7 games played

All top 9 teams

Impressive but could it also be something that works against you as the season goes on?

From what I have read (not actually seen you play yet), you are winning games without seeing much of the ball, being outplayed and catching teams on the counter.

This is something we have come up against in the past and we struggled against the so called lesser teams because of it.

As I said not actually seen you play so this is only based on newspaper reports and happy to be corrected if its factually incorrect!

On 16/09/2019 at 08:16, G STAR RAM said:

Impressive but could it also be something that works against you as the season goes on?

From what I have read (not actually seen you play yet), you are winning games without seeing much of the ball, being outplayed and catching teams on the counter.

This is something we have come up against in the past and we struggled against the so called lesser teams because of it.

As I said not actually seen you play so this is only based on newspaper reports and happy to be corrected if its factually incorrect!

Not sure I agree. The points against Leeds and Charlton was very much a smash and grab, but the wins against Fulham and Swansea we very much deserved all 3 points. 

Rest of them a mixed bag. probably should have got more against the Baggies, maybe deserved to lose against Preston. 

We'll have much 'easier' games than the majority of that first 7 matches. Guarantee we'll lose at home to Barnsley now.. 

On 16/09/2019 at 06:26, Paul71 said:

Good points although you really do have to stop forgetting that the table is not finalised by mid September. I know there is a common misconception in notts that it is.

"I'm not getting carried away yet" 

Well aware its very early days! I keep saying the same thing about my fantasy team.. 

On 15/09/2019 at 20:13, Red_Dawn said:

I think you've definitely picked up some impressive results and certainly if we had got similar results, our fans would be feeling just as excited and encouraged. Picking up 8 points from those first four away games is probably 8 more than even the most optimistic Forest fan anticipated.

Let's see if you kick on. There are always one or two teams that emerge from the pack and surprise everyone. Could it be you? I only saw you v WBA on Sky and you looked bright for 20 minutes only to then go on and self-destruct.

Obviously you've gone six unbeaten since then, but it's that regular pattern of self-destruction that stops us from worrying. It's happened year on year since 2011. I mean you've had two of the daftest owners in football and 12 permanent managers since King Billy left for the first time - can you blame us for not worrying?

If you are still in contention in April and Lamouchi is still in charge, that's when the whole forum will be getting twitchy.

But until then, we probably won't take too much notice. As you say, there's such a long way to go!

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Not sure I agree. The points against Leeds and Charlton was very much a smash and grab, but the wins against Fulham and Swansea we very much deserved all 3 points. 

Rest of them a mixed bag. probably should have got more against the Baggies, maybe deserved to lose against Preston. 

We'll have much 'easier' games than the majority of that first 7 matches. Guarantee we'll lose at home to Barnsley now.. 

Versus Fulham 23% possession and scored 2 of your 3 shots on target.

Versus Swansea 37% possession  and scored 1 if your 2 shots on target.

Not knocking your achievements, you've had some great results.

From outside it would look very much like our Gary Rowett season.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Versus Fulham 23% possession and scored 2 of your 3 shots on target.

Versus Swansea 37% possession  and scored 1 if your 2 shots on target.

Not knocking your achievements, you've had some great results.

From outside it would look very much like our Gary Rowett season.

Somewhat selective in the stats though. We had the better chances despite the lack of possession and shots on target. 

Defending well and limiting their chances is just as impressive as the few goals. 

Like some other posters have said. Not getting carried away and long way to go yet. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I remember when we used to have shots on target.

Think the last time the lads got a load of shots away was in the kings arms in duffield wasnt it?

Archived