Jump to content
ramsbottom

The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

Well done in defeating DCFC Under 12's + Curtis

Our side was literally younger than yours, and we also made 8 changes. 

Sorry, you're not having that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Our side was literally younger than yours, and we also made 8 changes. 

Sorry, you're not having that. 

That isn't true, but its not exactly a huge difference in terms of the ages of both squads. You can only beat what is put in front of you. You put out a very young team who looked a lot better than ours even if it did include 3 of our u18s players. Those u18s and maybe Hamer as well are the only players who aren't usually around the first team squad or in the first 11 - even Buchanan has played a couple of times in the league. It just seems petty when we can't accept we were well beaten by making excuses about  the youth.

Forest - average age 23.81

Johnson - 18

Semedo - 21

Worrall - 22

Ribeiro - 22

Mir - 22

Cash - 22

Figueiredo - 25

Samba - 25

Lolley - 27

Bostock - 27

Adomah - 31

 

 

Derby - Average Age 22.09

Sibley - 17

Whittaker - 18

Buchanan - 18

Clarke - 22

Holmes - 24

Evans - 24

Paterson - 27

Shinnie - 28

Hamer - 31

Davies - 34

 

 

 

 

 

Bennett - 23

Edited by GenBr

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Fair point. I even fact checked the ages, seems you're right in what you posted. 

Still, 3-0 and no shots on target.. 

That tends to happen when the focal point of the attack has 9 career goals in 120 appearances

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Fair point. I even fact checked the ages, seems you're right in what you posted. 

Still, 3-0 and no shots on target.. 

Midget CM at RB coming back from injury, midfield of strangers and forward line of 18yr olds with Bennett who isn't really a CF. We could replay the fixture 10 times and we'd win 0. Maybe we'd score a couple of times? Not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GenBr said:

That isn't true, but its not exactly a huge difference in terms of the ages of both squads. You can only beat what is put in front of you. You put out a very young team who looked a lot better than ours even if it did include 3 of our u18s players. Those u18s and maybe Hamer as well are the only players who aren't usually around the first team squad or in the first 11 - even Buchanan has played a couple of times in the league. It just seems petty when we can't accept we were well beaten by making excuses about  the youth.

Forest - average age 23.81

Johnson - 18

Semedo - 21

Worrall - 22

Ribeiro - 22

Mir - 22

Cash - 22

Figueiredo - 25

Samba - 25

Lolley - 27

Bostock - 27

Adomah - 31

 

 

Derby - Average Age 22.09

Sibley - 17

Whittaker - 18

Buchanan - 18

Clarke - 22

Holmes - 24

Evans - 24

Paterson - 27

Shinnie - 28

Hamer - 31

Davies - 34

 

 

 

 

 

Bennett - 23

How many first team games would probably give a better impression of the difference between the two teams. For example we had three players under the age of 20, with I think 3 first team appearances between them.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Fair point. I even fact checked the ages, seems you're right in what you posted. 

Still, 3-0 and no shots on target.. 

was at the game last night , better team won on the night , now go away and celebrate your league and cup double success quietly

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, richinspain said:

How many first team games would probably give a better impression of the difference between the two teams. For example we had three players under the age of 20, with I think 3 first team appearances between them.

Fairly similar to be honest (roughly 1500 league games), although ours is skewed heavily by Davies, Paterson and Shinnie.

The difference though is the number of players with first team experience. They had one player who is in his debut season (Johnson), whereas we had Buchanan, Sibley and Whittaker. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Fair play to you lads for respecting and clapping the Junior tribute

 

Classy..

 

Hat off

That's because we're not inbred Paul McCartney loving, 6 fingered chavs x

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.