The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

22 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Fair point. I even fact checked the ages, seems you're right in what you posted. 

Still, 3-0 and no shots on target.. 

Midget CM at RB coming back from injury, midfield of strangers and forward line of 18yr olds with Bennett who isn't really a CF. We could replay the fixture 10 times and we'd win 0. Maybe we'd score a couple of times? Not sure.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GenBr said:

That isn't true, but its not exactly a huge difference in terms of the ages of both squads. You can only beat what is put in front of you. You put out a very young team who looked a lot better than ours even if it did include 3 of our u18s players. Those u18s and maybe Hamer as well are the only players who aren't usually around the first team squad or in the first 11 - even Buchanan has played a couple of times in the league. It just seems petty when we can't accept we were well beaten by making excuses about  the youth.

Forest - average age 23.81

Johnson - 18

Semedo - 21

Worrall - 22

Ribeiro - 22

Mir - 22

Cash - 22

Figueiredo - 25

Samba - 25

Lolley - 27

Bostock - 27

Adomah - 31

Derby - Average Age 22.09

Sibley - 17

Whittaker - 18

Buchanan - 18

Clarke - 22

Holmes - 24

Evans - 24

Paterson - 27

Shinnie - 28

Hamer - 31

Davies - 34

Bennett - 23

How many first team games would probably give a better impression of the difference between the two teams. For example we had three players under the age of 20, with I think 3 first team appearances between them.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Fair point. I even fact checked the ages, seems you're right in what you posted. 

Still, 3-0 and no shots on target.. 

was at the game last night , better team won on the night , now go away and celebrate your league and cup double success quietly

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

How many first team games would probably give a better impression of the difference between the two teams. For example we had three players under the age of 20, with I think 3 first team appearances between them.

Fairly similar to be honest (roughly 1500 league games), although ours is skewed heavily by Davies, Paterson and Shinnie.

The difference though is the number of players with first team experience. They had one player who is in his debut season (Johnson), whereas we had Buchanan, Sibley and Whittaker. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Didn't die young.

foo fighters are better than nirvana were, but Kurt made his moment for example.

I thought the Gumps has some kind of connection with him.  Surprised they don't burn his LPs in the middle of the pitch, considering they have such a massive rivalry with Liverpool ?

16 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I thought the Gumps has some kind of connection with him.  Surprised they don't burn his LPs in the middle of the pitch, considering they have such a massive rivalry with Liverpool ?

Well, the connection to mull of kintyre is obvious, a bleak, desolate place, where a lack of available partners may have led to interbreeding.

Archived