ramsbottom

The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You’re a nightmare sometimes, baldie.

Not my fault.

Forest are our biggest rival, but there’s still obvious reasons why someone would want them to win today.

Ideally you want a weekend where neither pick up any points, but when they play each other I would rather the team that won’t rival us for promotion pick up points. 

Not hard to want Leeds to lose either, quicker they crawl back to League 1 the better.

10 minutes ago, David said:

Not my fault.

Forest are our biggest rival, but there’s still obvious reasons why someone would want them to win today.

Ideally you want a weekend where neither pick up any points, but when they play each other I would rather the team that won’t rival us for promotion pick up points. 

Not hard to want Leeds to lose either, quicker they crawl back to League 1 the better.

That wasn’t the reason you gave.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That wasn’t the reason you gave.

Didn’t feel I had to, as I say obvious reasons. You jumped to the rival thing, there is a mutual dislike for one another after recent events but wouldn’t consider them to be rivals in the traditional sense, only promotion rivals in the same way Fulham, WBA are.

24 minutes ago, David said:

Didn’t feel I had to, as I say obvious reasons. You jumped to the rival thing, there is a mutual dislike for one another after recent events but wouldn’t consider them to be rivals in the traditional sense, only promotion rivals in the same way Fulham, WBA are.

Now you’ve gone too far the other way😂

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Now you’ve gone too far the other way😂

They aren’t. Back in the day they were but times have changed. 

Ask Leeds who their rivals are and I doubt many will say Derby, a true rivalry is felt on both sides, otherwise you look a bit of a Leicester.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Ask Leeds who their rivals are and I doubt many will say Derby, a true rivalry is felt on both sides, otherwise you look a bit of a Leicester.

Like how Germany football fans don't give a flying duck about games against England, but to us they're a huge deal. Happens quite a lot.

I think more Leeds fans will call us rivals after the play-offs though. Last season, and all that happened, is the sort of stuff that sparks rivalries 😄 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Like how Germany football fans don't give a flying duck about games against England, but to us they're a huge deal. Happens quite a lot.

I think more Leeds fans will call us rivals after the play-offs though. Last season, and all that happened, is the sort of stuff that sparks rivalries 😄 

Possibly, see how it goes this year, probably had the edge taken off with Lampard leaving 

9 minutes ago, David said:

Suppose, but in that case Leeds have no rivals. All they do is wave their shoes at Man United fans (it’s in one of their songs), who couldn’t give a duck about them.

Just seen the highlights. That grababan goal was one for the ages. A scuffed finish to him, which he then scuffs. And a defender scuffs the clearance, and it dribbles in. 

Quality shining through every bit of that. 

If there have to be any goals in forest vs Leeds games, that’s the kind of goal I like to see. 

On 10/08/2019 at 17:42, TigerTedd said:

Just seen the highlights. That grababan goal was one for the ages. A scuffed finish to him, which he then scuffs. And a defender scuffs the clearance, and it dribbles in. 

Quality shining through every bit of that. 

If there have to be any goals in forest vs Leeds games, that’s the kind of goal I like to see. 

You watched it??? Good grief.

You have to feel for the 7,000 who turned up v Fleetwood.

A different draw in round 2 and they probably would have enjoyed another quiet midweek night against opposition on their level.

Instead they’ll be plucky underdogs against Mel Morris’s big spending and high flying Derby, and now they’ll have to put up with 18,000 day trippers and Stone Island fanny pack wearers desperate to see another upset for the ages.

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

You have to feel for the 7,000 who turned up v Fleetwood.

A different draw in round 2 and they probably would have enjoyed another quiet midweek night against opposition on their level.

Instead they’ll be plucky underdogs against Mel Morris’s big spending and high flying Derby, and now they’ll have to put up with 18,000 day trippers and Stone Island fanny pack wearers desperate to see another upset for the ages.

We'll play a similar team to last night vs virtually full strength forest, forest will scrape an undeserved one nil win then go into "you rope Ian champions famous club ha ha ha forest are amazing euuuredddzzz" mode until they lose the weekend after.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We'll play a similar team to last night vs virtually full strength forest, forest will scrape an undeserved one nil win then go into "you rope Ian champions famous club ha ha ha forest are amazing euuuredddzzz" mode until they lose the weekend after.

All you will see on their forums are references to "The Famous Team" winning a game at "The World Famous City Ground", where the "Tricky Trees" backed by 50,000 "mighty reds" triumphed over us, with talk of how they now want to "cup the b*lls" of the player who scored their single goal and how he'll take them to the top.

All genuine quotes from their forum. They are a different breed aren't they... can't wait to smash them at their shed at the end of the month.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

‘Guys, guys, guys, we’re back!’

😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, sawley_ram said:

All you will see on their forums are references to "The Famous Team" winning a game at "The World Famous City Ground", where the "Tricky Trees" backed by 50,000 "mighty reds" triumphed over us, with talk of how they now want to "cup the b*lls" of the player who scored their single goal and how he'll take them to the top.

All genuine quotes from their forum. They are a different breed aren't they... can't wait to smash them at their shed at the end of the month.

There seems to be a thing for forest fans where if they tell each other that they are world famous and city ground is world famous and the world outside all agrees forest is world famous *enough* it'll be *true*

Tell you what chaps, shows how difficult it would have been to replace Mount and Wilson. Both lighting it up in the PL.

Dowell is a fantastic player when he hits his stride but too often a passenger. Who replaced Wilson? 

Think our start has been as difficult as any, and we've made a reasonable start. 

WBA home - they'll be there at the end of the season. Leeds - likely league winners IMO. Birmingham/Charlton. - Both made a good start this season. Fulham - Likely playoff contenders and won their last three straight. 

8 points from that lot? Would have snatched your hand off when the season started.