The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

You have to feel for the 7,000 who turned up v Fleetwood.

A different draw in round 2 and they probably would have enjoyed another quiet midweek night against opposition on their level.

Instead they’ll be plucky underdogs against Mel Morris’s big spending and high flying Derby, and now they’ll have to put up with 18,000 day trippers and Stone Island fanny pack wearers desperate to see another upset for the ages.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

You have to feel for the 7,000 who turned up v Fleetwood.

A different draw in round 2 and they probably would have enjoyed another quiet midweek night against opposition on their level.

Instead they’ll be plucky underdogs against Mel Morris’s big spending and high flying Derby, and now they’ll have to put up with 18,000 day trippers and Stone Island fanny pack wearers desperate to see another upset for the ages.

We'll play a similar team to last night vs virtually full strength forest, forest will scrape an undeserved one nil win then go into "you rope Ian champions famous club ha ha ha forest are amazing euuuredddzzz" mode until they lose the weekend after.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We'll play a similar team to last night vs virtually full strength forest, forest will scrape an undeserved one nil win then go into "you rope Ian champions famous club ha ha ha forest are amazing euuuredddzzz" mode until they lose the weekend after.

All you will see on their forums are references to "The Famous Team" winning a game at "The World Famous City Ground", where the "Tricky Trees" backed by 50,000 "mighty reds" triumphed over us, with talk of how they now want to "cup the b*lls" of the player who scored their single goal and how he'll take them to the top.

All genuine quotes from their forum. They are a different breed aren't they... can't wait to smash them at their shed at the end of the month.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

‘Guys, guys, guys, we’re back!’

????

1 hour ago, sawley_ram said:

All you will see on their forums are references to "The Famous Team" winning a game at "The World Famous City Ground", where the "Tricky Trees" backed by 50,000 "mighty reds" triumphed over us, with talk of how they now want to "cup the b*lls" of the player who scored their single goal and how he'll take them to the top.

All genuine quotes from their forum. They are a different breed aren't they... can't wait to smash them at their shed at the end of the month.

There seems to be a thing for forest fans where if they tell each other that they are world famous and city ground is world famous and the world outside all agrees forest is world famous *enough* it'll be *true*

Tell you what chaps, shows how difficult it would have been to replace Mount and Wilson. Both lighting it up in the PL.

Dowell is a fantastic player when he hits his stride but too often a passenger. Who replaced Wilson? 

Think our start has been as difficult as any, and we've made a reasonable start. 

WBA home - they'll be there at the end of the season. Leeds - likely league winners IMO. Birmingham/Charlton. - Both made a good start this season. Fulham - Likely playoff contenders and won their last three straight. 

8 points from that lot? Would have snatched your hand off when the season started. 

33 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Tell you what chaps, shows how difficult it would have been to replace Mount and Wilson. Both lighting it up in the PL.

Dowell is a fantastic player when he hits his stride but too often a passenger. Who replaced Wilson? 

Think our start has been as difficult as any, and we've made a reasonable start. 

WBA home - they'll be there at the end of the season. Leeds - likely league winners IMO. Birmingham/Charlton. - Both made a good start this season. Fulham - Likely playoff contenders and won their last three straight. 

8 points from that lot? Would have snatched your hand off when the season started. 

As soon as the market ended, did put you guys ahead of us to finish in top 6. Recruited smarter than us. Having said that, think Derby have a bright future ahead of them too. Cocu much better manager than lampard, lampard was carried by wilson and mount. 

You have a nice shedule ahead of you and can unfortunately see you in top 6 comfortably by october. Whether you stay there depends on whether grabban stays fit

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I have just realised this is one of those rare times that Forest are above us in the league. Are we going to be bombarded with some Mind The Gaps and you have made the playoffs by the end of August?

Anyway in all fairness I think you are completely right and we were probably spoilt with Mount and Wilson. We will have to see how the season pans out but I never take a defeat to Forest over 3 points against a other club not even Leeds.

43 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

I have just realised this is one of those rare times that Forest are above us in the league. Are we going to be bombarded with some Mind The Gaps and you have made the playoffs by the end of August?

Anyway in all fairness I think you are completely right and we were probably spoilt with Mount and Wilson. We will have to see how the season pans out but I never take a defeat to Forest over 3 points against a other club not even Leeds.

They quite often get above us in the late summer, but as the leaves start to fall, the cold winds blow across trent bridge and forest's squad decide the down tools until they either get a new manager or relegation looks realistic, then do just enough to be mid table.

It's as predictable as out top form October-December and our relegation form January-march 

2 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

Not yet from me ?

Perhaps if by Xmas if we’re getting further from you I might get some courage.. 

4 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Being as they bought in an entire first team, they should easily cruise in to the top 6, and make it to wembly, first time in a generation, anything short of that would be a abject failure.

It will nice for them to see what the new Wembley looks like if they can get there. We lose their all the time, but they havent even had the chance.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Am I right in thinking its every 1st team match against each other, league Cup or friendly, so if we're in different divisions we can still have a BCT match.

Yes. The first meeting for the trophy was a friendly. The worst team in history managed to easily beat the team 2 leagues below them 2-0.

On 26/08/2019 at 08:53, McRamFan said:

Being as they bought in an entire first team, they should easily cruise in to the top 6, and make it to wembly, first time in a generation, anything short of that would be a abject failure.

TBH its safe to say forest have a better squad than us since mount and wilson left . And now the manager will have enough sense to play carvalho when he is back and fit, can see them getting top 6 easily

Archived