ramsbottom

The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

27 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Jenkinson will probably do a job for a lower mid-table Championship club, he's not an awful defender. Aint Wayne Rooney though is it?

Agreed - decent right back ,especially at this level. Bigger question mark over whether he can stay fit. Could be another Sam Byram for them.

I was more getting at the use of the phrase 'England international' in the welcome tweet. I suspect that wouldn't have been done had it not been for yesterday. Checking back on our old tweets, we didn't welcome 'England international' David Nugent to the Rams - what a missed opportunity.

Carl jenkinson hasn’t been an England international in years, desperate claim by forest😂 

Poor player as well whenever I’ve seen him, can’t defend and clocks off all the time. Not surprised he’s had to drop all the way down to the second tier. Mind the three year contract is almost sensible by forest who love a good long deal (billy....)

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Carl jenkinson hasn’t been an England international in years, desperate claim by forest😂 

Poor player as well whenever I’ve seen him, can’t defend and clocks off all the time. Not surprised he’s had to drop all the way down to the second tier. Mind the three year contract is almost sensible by forest who love a good long deal (billy....)

Are they still paying him?

16 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

I did hear a whisper that he's got 'unfinished business'. Don't tell anyone, mind, he doesn't like publicity.

Was that whisper from a certain “Dilly Bavies”?

From The Guardian's live updates - 

Big news out of Tottenham ... 6ft1in defender Cameron Carter-Vickers has joined Stoke City on a season-long loan. There are more goings on in the Championship too, with Nottingham Forest busying themselves. John Bostock is close to a move, as is the defender Chema Rodriguez. Luke Steele has departed on loan for Millwall, who needed to strengthen in goal following injury to Frank Fielding. Forest appear to be stockpiling, contrary to Sabri Lamouchi’s wishes. Last week he said working with 29-31 first-team players was “impossible”. Since then they have added Brice Samba and Carl Jenkinson, with seemingly more signings to follow.

Looks as though their bakery bothering chairman is doing what he wants again...

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Big news out of Tottenham ... 6ft1in defender Cameron Carter-Vickers has joined Stoke City on a season-long loan. There are more goings on in the Championship too, with Nottingham Forest busying themselves. John Bostock is close to a move, as is the defender Chema Rodriguez. Luke Steele has departed on loan for Millwall, who needed to strengthen in goal following injury to Frank Fielding. Forest appear to be stockpiling, contrary to Sabri Lamouchi’s wishes. Last week he said working with 29-31 first-team players was “impossible”. Since then they have added Brice Samba and Carl Jenkinson, with seemingly more signings to follow.

That'll be a first team squad of 45 now then .  Think there may be a few more locked in the cupboard with no squad number this year as well.

From their forum, they know their squad is bloated.

Re: Current state of the squad

Originally Posted by Notcher

Pinched this off Twatter but I thought it was funny

"Ministry of the football league have confirmed that we're never more than six feet away from a Forest player" #NFFC

Credit @robbothered1

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

I saw one similar on Twitter last night, which made me chuckle

"Scientists estimate that by the year 2045 all human life on earth will have signed for Nottingham Forest"

Credit to @jonnyGabriel

49 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

How out of character...

4 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

How many would get a game at PP do we reckon?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Lolley. 

They also seem to love Colback but I haven't seen him play for them.