The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

I think it's ridiculous how your gaffer doesn't rate him tbh, every time I've seen him play he's played well.

Hit and miss to be honest. I think SIlva has abit more hustle in him for winning ther ball back, but also has an eye for goal and a key pass aswell..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Hit and miss to be honest. I think SIlva has abit more hustle in him for winning ther ball back, but also has an eye for goal and a key pass aswell..

Fair enough then,

He always seems to be an impact sub however, but for 13 million you paid (or whatever it was) its an expensive sub player...

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

Fair enough then,

He always seems to be an impact sub however, but for 13 million you paid (or whatever it was) its an expensive sub player...

Not worth it. You can't pay money like that and then have him sat on the bench.

Why I think he'll be the first they attempt to sell in the summer.

To be honest we've made some poor additions in January. Bong, Da Costa (hasn't played, injured), and Diakabhy don't look up to the mark. If we do lose Worrall, Cash, maybe Lolley.. We'll struggle next year.

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

To be honest we've made some poor additions in January. Bong, Da Costa (hasn't played, injured), and Diakabhy don't look up to the mark. If we do lose Worrall, Cash, maybe Lolley.. We'll struggle next year.

I guess it all depends on what happens throughout the rest of the season.

You take a look at our fixtures for example, all but 1 or 2 are above us in the table, so we will be involuntarily helping you out if we pick up points.

And yeah I can see where you're coming from, if you even get 7 million for him, that's money to be spent elsewhere improving.

In January I'm glad we didn't make signings, you only have to take a look at players like Nick Blackman to see we usually have a tendency of panic buying!

I don't think you'll lose Worrall or Lolley to be honest, Cash maybe.

22 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I think you should be more worried about losing your keeper

14 minutes ago, Squid said:

I guess it all depends on what happens throughout the rest of the season.

You take a look at our fixtures for example, all but 1 or 2 are above us in the table, so we will be involuntarily helping you out if we pick up points.

And yeah I can see where you're coming from, if you even get 7 million for him, that's money to be spent elsewhere improving.

In January I'm glad we didn't make signings, you only have to take a look at players like Nick Blackman to see we usually have a tendency of panic buying!

I don't think you'll lose Worrall or Lolley to be honest, Cash maybe.

They signed him on a 5 year deal in summer 2018. They'd have to sell him for at least £8m just to not make a loss. Any profit on top of that would simply be to minimize losses, rather than being reinvested in the squad.

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I'd say its almost certain Carvalho leaves this summer. Clearly not particularly rated by Sabri, who I think will stay regardless of whether we gain promotion or not.

Whether we get 10m or not is anyone guess, but it'll be a reasonable price I'd imagine.

You could also reasonably suggest Worrall and/or Cash go in the summer if we dont gain promotion, which would be a huge shame. Big money there though.

Think you are seeing the benefits of having  O'Neill around last year, maligned as he was.  I'm sure I can remember my mate moaning like the hell about Cash being put in at full back last year and looking like a lost sheep , obviously O,Neill was right.  You are certainly getting the benefit of him giving you a more solid defensive shape last season.  Trouble is you remind me of the Derby side that went up under Davies -very solid but not that inventive .  That's fine in this league, wish we could do it a bit more in tight games.  The problem comes with promotion when you go two down in twenty minutes without a clue how to get back into it. I do think the top division is weaker than at any point for a while mind.

9 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Its not going to be very difficult for you to sell anyone. You will just move them all over to Greece and do a Watford.

Archived