Just how bad will traffic be in Aug/Sep

rammieib

19 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Vinci put half the rails in upside down and had to redo a lot of it. You would think it would be obvious which way round they were supposed to go in the ground, but apparently not. 

Yes I heard that ,also when it rains the rails rust and the whole street gets covered in a rusty water residue .This gets on the cars and into the residents homes . 

It' losing nearly a million pound a week despite passenger numbers of 12million plus. added to the car parking levy which they used to help  fund it driving business's out of Nottingham not sure it was a good idea.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ok ,where’s the best/ bearish place to park and walk without going on to pride park ,coming off the m1

Its not just pride park. As long as you avoid Chaddesden, Alvaston, Derby City Centre and any of the areas even remotely close to Pride Park you should be fine. Mickleover is probably alright - just park there and walk the rest of the way.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, robster1 said:

Park in Ilson, its only a just over a 3 hour walk to PP 

Thats ok but what you supposed to do when you get back and find the wheels missing? 

You're all being very harsh.

the A52 alteration project is actully a mini-triumph for the city.

It is a beautiful piece of engineering design, with an elegant simplicity which conceals an underlying complexity.

The road gently curves creating a barely perceptible addtion to the existing carriageway. This creates a sense of calm and well-being such that anyone exiting towards Raynesway will find themselves smiling benignly whilst leaving the a52.

The eastbound carriageway has been discretely raised in level, creating an elevated view, and a different sense of place which enables us to orient ourselves in space and creates a sense of belonging.  The design mediates the futurist dream of rapid transport, modernity and speed with an existential awareness of our own being. The removal of the footbridge creates a brutal post-modern statement which undermines the fictitious modernistist notion of progress. I'm hoing that they leave the big heap of earth and rubble which exists as a harsh and brutal counterpoint, reminding us of our mortality and origin as a primitive species which once walked upon the Earth killing creatures with our bare hands. It is a poetic statement about human failure and the death of modernist idealism in a cynical post-modern white-van-man apocalypse.

absolutely brilliant. 

Last time i went through, all these rubberneckers had slowed right down to admire the work. I'm sure many would  have complimented the contractor if he was around.

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Whilst I agree fully with the idiot statement my mate's street in Beeston was dug up for 4 years .The engineer in charge who he was on first name terms with told him he didn't know how to build it down his street it had so many problems .

Ah ok sorry, I’m just going on what my husband says, he still managed to get to see his customers in Nottingham without having to abort any journeys 

On 05/06/2019 at 07:19, Paul71 said:

No chance it will be only 13 months. Clearly this wasn't part of the original plan or it would have been communicated earlier.

They really are making it up as they go along.

It must be horrendous for people working there, wouldn't surprise me to see businesses on the wyvern close down as people avoid the area.

For dcfc its going to cause massive issues with traffic getting away,  the stadium will be empty come 80 mins as people leave to try and avoid it.

Perhaps the council have already made provisions to provide park and ride for Derby games during this spell. I can't see it though,  it won't even have been discussed.

Can see it affecting the gates, especially evening games as people think sitting in traffic for an hour or two or watching on red button? 

I don't think its knee jerk to say Derby and the council should be discussing this to try and arrive at a solution.

Well at least we don't notice the difference!

There was a guy on RD this morning who works at Pride Park, lives in Chad. usually takes 20 mins to get to work driving.

Took 90 mins on Mon/Tues. couldn`t walk as bridge gone.

Yesterday drove to Spondon and got train to PP. 30 mins only. superb job. You couldn`t make it up.

Perhaps Spondon is best bet for those coming this season from M! side.. Easy to park and 4 mins on train apparently

1 minute ago, minesahartington said:

There was a guy on RD this morning who works at Pride Park, lives in Chad. usually takes 20 mins to get to work driving.

Took 90 mins on Mon/Tues. couldn`t walk as bridge gone.

Yesterday drove to Spondon and got train to PP. 30 mins only. superb job. You couldn`t make it up.

Perhaps Spondon is best bet for those coming this season from M! side.. Easy to park and 4 mins on train apparently

Why didnt he just use the bridge near Costco if he is in walking distance?

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Good news guys -the council have come up with a solution to the traffic problems they've created in Derby. They are going to close Derwent Street Bridge for 24 weeks now as well. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/derwent-street-closure-2952252

Is it actually going to be poss to drive to pride park for matches I wonder

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Is it actually going to be poss to drive to pride park for matches I wonder

No, you should all leave your cars at home and walk, please don't use buses either because they will slow my car down.

On 06/06/2019 at 13:31, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'll end up getting the train to matches and walking it from there. Gives me an ideal excuse to get a pint in the Brunswick as well.

There is a rear entrance/exit at the station, direct onto Pride Park. 

The Brunswick isn’t even close to this route. 

There is no “excuse” to be seen here, and if you try to manipulate one from this, then you sir are quite simply a cad, and if there is a wife involved, as an honourable husband myself, I will make it my duty to inform her accordingly!

#illseeyoutheremate

21 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

There is a rear entrance/exit at the station, direct onto Pride Park. 

The Brunswick isn’t even close to this route. 

There is no “excuse” to be seen here, and if you try to manipulate one from this, then you sir are quite simply a cad, and if there is a wife involved, as an honourable husband myself, I will make it my duty to inform her accordingly!

#illseeyoutheremate

Have you learned nothing from recent threads?

There is no such thing as a rear entrance these days, it's an alternative one, which everyone is free to enjoy or not, as the case may be.

On 05/06/2019 at 07:19, Paul71 said:

Perhaps the council have already made provisions to provide park and ride for Derby games during this spell. I can't see it though,  it won't even have been discussed.

On 05/06/2019 at 17:29, B4ev6is said:

They already do mate to pp but only probleam is does not run on match days.

Sheer genius!

Archived