Just how bad will traffic be in Aug/Sep

rammieib

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

At the glacial rate those roadworks have been progressing can I ask if you're referring to August 2020 or 2021?

3022 for our season back in the prem. After 1,000 more lost play off finals, we finally made it. #believeinfrank 

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Whilst the Slip Road onto Wyvern from the A52 is closed. This is going to be a nightmare going to games.

If a few of us club together we could hire a helicopter, hmmmm there’s a business opportunity methinks.....

Going to Costco tonight was a nightmare, and that’s a Tuesday without football! Probably the worst lay out I’ve seen for roadworks. Almost missed the turn for Costco on island, because it’s pretty sharp and tight.  Planning is shocking, doing it at the Same time as ascot drive? 

Was a crash earlier as well, no injuries luckily. Surprised there's not been more as this has been a shambles.

Sith Happens

No chance it will be only 13 months. Clearly this wasn't part of the original plan or it would have been communicated earlier.

They really are making it up as they go along.

It must be horrendous for people working there, wouldn't surprise me to see businesses on the wyvern close down as people avoid the area.

For dcfc its going to cause massive issues with traffic getting away,  the stadium will be empty come 80 mins as people leave to try and avoid it.

Perhaps the council have already made provisions to provide park and ride for Derby games during this spell. I can't see it though,  it won't even have been discussed.

Can see it affecting the gates, especially evening games as people think sitting in traffic for an hour or two or watching on red button? 

I don't think its knee jerk to say Derby and the council should be discussing this to try and arrive at a solution.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

No chance it will be only 13 months. Clearly this wasn't part of the original plan or it would have been communicated earlier.

They really are making it up as they go along.

It must be horrendous for people working there, wouldn't surprise me to see businesses on the wyvern close down as people avoid the area.

For dcfc its going to cause massive issues with traffic getting away,  the stadium will be empty come 80 mins as people leave to try and avoid it.

Perhaps the council have already made provisions to provide park and ride for Derby games during this spell. I can't see it though,  it won't even have been discussed.

Can see it affecting the gates, especially evening games as people think sitting in traffic for an hour or two or watching on red button? 

I don't think its knee jerk to say Derby and the council should be discussing this to try and arrive at a solution.

I dont understand why its taking so long now they've slashed the scope of the works. The new 1000 tonne QMC bridge in Nottingham went in basically in one piece almost over night. It wasnt ready for use straight away but they didnt have to close the road for 13 weeks.

All they are doing on a52 to wyvern slip road is making it a bit straighter and adding traffic lights. Maybe an extra lane. The other side is closed for the bridge install for some reason.

The problem is all of this work will be for nothing unless they're changing the plans so the new foot bridge will extend over the slip road and into Toys R Us car park.  One of the biggest problems with that slip road is pedestrians halting traffic cross.  Simply moving the crossing further down won't improve things...

53 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I generally regard town planners as having ruined great swathes of our towns and cities across the country, and it does seem the Derby has some of the most vindictiv.... 

Town planners dont have much to do with road construction and traffic management. It's Highway Engineers. 

Living in Alvaston is a fecking nightmare due to traffic. 

While I appreciate the thousands spent on the engraved chunks of metal sticking out of the floor I can't help wonder if the guys who make these decisions are able to dress themselves, incompetent knobbers 

I swear everything Derby does is just crap. That spaceport they built for buses. Amazing achievement that it's less practical than the one they knocked down. 

The velodrome. You know what it needs? A tin opener. First time I went in I expected to see some huge spam. 

Pedestrian crossings in Alvaston. Looks wicked in winter when the dark nights draw in. Don't need Blackpool now. 

And the roadworks. I mean you take the slip road away at the same time you take Ascot Drive making London Rd busier than London City and Pride Park is Pride Car Park 

Clever.

Imagine being that poo at your job

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Living in Alvaston is a fecking nightmare due to traffic. 

While I appreciate the thousands spent on the engraved chunks of metal sticking out of the floor I can't help wonder if the guys who make these decisions are able to dress themselves, incompetent knobbers 

I swear everything Derby does is just crap. That spaceport they built for buses. Amazing achievement that it's less practical than the one they knocked down. 

The velodrome. You know what it needs? A tin opener. First time I went in I expected to see some huge spam. 

Pedestrian crossings in Alvaston. Looks wicked in winter when the dark nights draw in. Don't need Blackpool now. 

And the roadworks. I mean you take the slip road away at the same time you take Ascot Drive making London Rd busier than London City and Pride Park is Pride Car Park 

Clever.

Imagine being that poo at your job

And yet the bell-whiff will still be sat there on his £100k a year (plus all the suspect brown envelopes he took, to ensure the most incompetent firm won the bid) when it's finally finished.

I'm a dyed in the wool Labour guy, and I don't live within the City Council boundry, but if I did, I'd happily vote Conservative til the day I die to keep the likes of Banwait and his cronies running things.  They scammed the city dry for years!!

31 minutes ago, NorfolkRam said:

when are the works planned to be finished?

March 2019.

Sometime summer 2020 is the new date. It only started in April 2017 so not sure if they will have enough time to finish it .

Archived