The case for Kelle Roos

JCRam

16 hours ago, JCRam said:

People unfairly writing off Kelle due to 1 bad game I feel. So to add balance thought I'd make the case of why he HAS to be our number 1 next season. 

- 5th best minutes to goals conceded of all championship goalkeepers this season, averaging a goal against every 90 minutes. For comparison Carson averaged a goal against every 63 minutes. 

Thats a difference of conceding 46 games over a season against 65, how many points would that equate to? 

- If we'd conceded 46 goals this season we'd of had the third best defensive record, only 5 conceded more than the best.

- His save percentage was 4th best in the league at 72%, bettered only by Randolph, Pantillimon and Dean Henderson. Carsons was 65%.

Other factors such as increase in points per game etc. also reflect his impact on the team. 

I find people writing him off after such an impact as laughable, and lets be honest a knee jerk reaction from the playoff final performance. 

Some interesting stats for sure 

I'm still of opinion he is not good enough as the Wembley mistake was a conscious decision he took to avoid getting hurt. I also (harshly) had him at fault for Leeds first goal that came back off post from a free kick miles out. Keogh and their striker were a long way from goal, Roos was too slow to cover for eventuality cross may be on target.  At the end he spilled a Leeds poo straight to a Leeds player who thankfully blasted rebound at Malone.  His dreadful kick allowed Grealish a relatively simple chance early on at Wembley......

That's four errors leading to 2 goals, and two clear chances in two high pressure games.

Those stats are what will preclude him being our first choice keeper. 

It seems apparent we have to shift Carson off wage bill before we can bring a new keeper in ....and I would say Roos appears better than Carson in last few months.  I hope we can get in a quality loan keeper as Villa and Sheffield United have done. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Saturn5 said:

At 27 Roos should be established at a club and the fact he hasn't speaks volumes, personally I'm not a fan...

For me he doesn't command his area and is poor on crosses 

Scared me a few times this season when he has coming charging out 

He is good with his feet and his distribution is good enough

Expect Carson to leave and a number 1 to come in, back to the bench for Kelle

Couldn't put it better myself 

On 04/06/2019 at 11:42, JCRam said:

People unfairly writing off Kelle due to 1 bad game I feel. So to add balance thought I'd make the case of why he HAS to be our number 1 next season. 

- 5th best minutes to goals conceded of all championship goalkeepers this season, averaging a goal against every 90 minutes. For comparison Carson averaged a goal against every 63 minutes. 

Thats a difference of conceding 46 games over a season against 65, how many points would that equate to? 

- If we'd conceded 46 goals this season we'd of had the third best defensive record, only 5 conceded more than the best.

- His save percentage was 4th best in the league at 72%, bettered only by Randolph, Pantillimon and Dean Henderson. Carsons was 65%.

Other factors such as increase in points per game etc. also reflect his impact on the team. 

I find people writing him off after such an impact as laughable, and lets be honest a knee jerk reaction from the playoff final performance. 

I bad game? Are you pooing me?

He had numerous one-off mistakes that could have lead to gaols and he's a mistake waiting to happen.

He was at the very, very best, an average lower league goalkeeper.

Carson has years of good games as a Ram (and at the very highest level) and then lost his place due to illness and some, admittedly, poor form.

I'm sure you can not be arzed, but if you could be you could scroll back and see my comments about  Roos at the same he was canonized.

Roos versus Carson - the breakdown.

Which player has a better Dutch accent than even Steve McClaren?

Roos

Who has a better six pack?

Roos.

Who would my wife prefer to be locked in a hotel room with?

Rpps.

Who has the best name that rhymes would a Northern American deer?

Roos.

Who can play goalkeeper the best and it's not even close (at least at this stage of their career)?

Carson.

I want us to retain FL badly, but only so he can learn by his mistakes.

Not playing Marriott was clearly a mistake as was sticking by Roos in such critical circumstances.

Remember how we mocked the Leeds keeper? yeh, welll, Villa fans are doing it to us.

Archived