Paul Green linked with Sunderland

David

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is lining up a £1.5million move for Derby midfielder Paul Green.

Bruce has sent scout Ian Atkins to watch Green, 27, in his last six games and is preparing a bid this summer.

Green has impressed in a struggling Derby side and Bruce wants him to add more power to his midfield at the Stadium of Light.

The former Doncaster star was called up to the Republic of Ireland squad for the first time this week by Giovanni Trapattoni.

Derby boss Nigel Clough will use the funds for a £1million bid for Stoke midfielder Michael Tonge.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Sunderland-lining-up-move-for-Derby-midfielder-Paul-Green-with-Nigel-Clough-lining-up-Stoke-s-Michael-Tonge-as-a-replacement-article409939.html

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it all abit strange to be honest, over the last few months I've been reading across the forums that Greens been ***** this season, he's never been upto the job blah blah. Despite this he's been called up to the Ireland squad and if true Sunderland want to pay £1.5m for him. Obviously the scouts see something the fans don't see.

Behave yourself!

I wasn't saying he was *****, I quite like the guy. Didn't sound great out on the wing but that isn't his fault being played out of position.

The issue with Tonge his is wages isn't it anyhow, the club have said Barker type fees are available so paying £1m for Tonge wouldn't be a problem, and we wouldn't have to sell Green.....but £1.5m I'd be tempted if the money was spent to wisely.

The fans who say he's ***** are the one's listening in on Radio etc:rolleyes:

He's been alright, nothing spectacular, injured for a while, but steady.

spot on boycie

last couple of weeks hes been one of the more impressive members of the team, but then thats not hard

hasnt got the praise he sometimes deserves last couple of games

Archived