Kelle Roos, new contract

4 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

The abuse Roos is getting is absolutely disgusting.

That's unjustified. Roos knows as well as anyone that he messed up in a big game. That should be the end of it, no need for social media abuse.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Fully deserved too , no keeper should be guaranteed to be first choice and bringing in another keeper whose confident playing from the back , now has to be a must. 

Personally I'd rather sign a keeper who knows how to come out and catch a simple ball into the box - bit of a radical idea I know but there you go.

8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

One mistake . Move on.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I just happen to think Kelle Roos is decidedly average as a goalkeeper.

If average is where we want to be then fine.

He is not a first choice goalkeeper for a team with ambition.

Anag Ram is correct. The only way to move on is accept that Carson is a better keeper - and for all the hoohah about Roos playing out from the back I can't see the need when we spend so long playing the ball sideways across the back four - and if not him as no.1 then someone else, but not Roos. Roos doesn't command his area and is mostly glued to his line when not playing sweeper and dashing out in a crazed manner! 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Anag Ram is correct. The only way to move on is accept that Carson is a better keeper - and for all the hoohah about Roos playing out from the back I can't see the need when we spend so long playing the ball sideways across the back four - and if not him as no.1 then someone else, but not Roos. Roos doesn't command his area and is mostly glued to his line when not playing sweeper and dashing out in a crazed manner! 

Shot stopper yes , he's better . Everything else Roos has surpassed him. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just to add . I remember you being very vocal on the way we played under Rowett . Yet the only time Carson has shone with us was under Rowett . The way we/you want to play requires a Goalkeeper with exceptionally better distribution than Carson. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we're on the route of blaming goalkeepers (we shouldn't), are we just going to ignore the points Carson's mistakes may have cost us earlier in the season for the sake of a poor performance in one game for Roos?

8 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

If we're on the route of blaming goalkeepers (we shouldn't), are we just going to ignore the points Carson's mistakes may have cost us earlier in the season for the sake of a poor performance in one game for Roos?

Ignore what you want. Roos is an average keeper.

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ignore what you want. Roos is an average keeper.

You won't find many above average (if there is such a thing) goalkeepers in the championship. They all have their faults and it's a tough position to really excel in.

David De Gea was known as the best keeper in the world by a mile, now everybody thinks he is awful. Joe Hart easily made the step up from Shrewsbury to English Champion/ England number 1 and then just as easily on the scrap heap again.

I seem to recall that when Roos first came into the team he came and caught crosses without any undue difficulty. Something has changed - either he has lost confidence to do that or is under instruction to let the defenders deal with high balls into the penalty area. If it's the latter then it does him no favours because our full backs (and their supporting forward players) allow far too much space for wide attackers to cross and aerial supremacy has never been our central defenders greatest asset - Shaun Barker was the last dominant centre back who's strength was in the air.

Archived