I know more than Frank Lampard

9 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Chelsea have targeted Derby boss Frank Lampard as Sarri’s potential replacement, and the £4million that the Pride Park club will want as compensation for the remaining two years of the former Stamford Bridge hero’s contract is not expected to be an obstacle."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1135355/Juventus-Chelsea-Maurizio-Sarri-Tottenham-Kieran-Trippier-Mauricio-Pochettino-Allegri

"The Pride Park club"? Is that a thing, describing a team with their stadium?

Reads very strangely to me but maybe I've just not noticed it before.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

"The Pride Park club"? Is that a thing, describing a team with their stadium?

Reads very strangely to me but maybe I've just not noticed it before.

The City Ground sorority?

19 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

People seem to get more annoyed at things they don't agree with nowadays. Not just on this forum, but in life in general.

I'm not sure why that is. Perhaps access to the internet, everyone's opinions, and the constant ability to spout your own, has made everyone more precious or argumentative or confrontational. Who knows. A Keogh thread probably isn't the place for this conversation ?

For what it's worth: Richard Keogh has arguably gotten better every single season he's played for us. Immense in that final and largely immense across the course of the whole season. The ultimate servant. Will be remembered and regarded very highly when he one day parts ways ?

Well said.

The amount of vitriol on here is shocking.

If you disagree with a view, just say you disagree.

Don't insist the person is an idiot (or worse).

Chill out. There are far worse things happening in the world than conflicting football opinions.

There also lots of wonderful things happening but some are too busy snarling to see them.

?

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Well said.

The amount of vitriol on here is shocking.

If you disagree with a view, just say you disagree.

Don't insist the person is an idiot (or worse).

Chill out. There are far worse things happening in the world than conflicting football opinions.

There also lots of wonderful things happening but some are too busy snarling to see them.

?

Totally agree. Weirdly, unlike under Rowett, I think a lot of that has come from people vehemently defending Lampard, as opposed to those who have thought to criticise him. But perhaps I am biased in that view.

I've definitely had more mad stuff sent to me after criticising Lampard, than I have for criticising any other Derby manager.

14 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Chelsea have targeted Derby boss Frank Lampard as Sarri’s potential replacement, and the £4million that the Pride Park club will want as compensation for the remaining two years of the former Stamford Bridge hero’s contract is not expected to be an obstacle."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1135355/Juventus-Chelsea-Maurizio-Sarri-Tottenham-Kieran-Trippier-Mauricio-Pochettino-Allegri

If it's not an obstacle at four million then we should make it ten million.

Archived