Is another season in the Championship really that bad?

Boycie

20 hours ago, Boycie said:

Obviously financially Yes it is.

But purely being selfish, the possibility of winning more than we lose, a possible automatic place and a full season of positive progression towards the Prem instead of limping there on the fumes of an empty tank.

Yes, I’m sure some would look forward to the big teams coming if we had beaten Villa, but maybe next season we can storm up the league like Norwich have done this year.

I’m totally over the Wembley defeat as I didn’t go into the game with and expectation of us winning. (Especially after hearing the team WAYHAY!)

Who’s with me?

Here’s to next season! Come on you Rams!

I went to wrembly expecting to win and gain promation

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Not at all Boycie. I simply don’t understand how anyone can say being in the Championship is better as if it is, then exactly what are those fans playing for.

Well to be fair the point I was making I guess is that the championship is a great league.  

Yes the prem is the hallowed ground, don’t get me wrong I want to be there. 

I think we’re lucky to be in one of the best supported leagues in the world as a consolation. 

I’m looking forward to it, I’m not thinking negatively about the next campaign.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I went to wrembly expecting to win and gain promation

You expect to win every game mate, so you’re not doing anything new there.

I went with the opposite feeling, my support was no less than yours at the game, but I came away less upset.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You expect to win every game mate, so you’re not doing anything new there.

I went with the opposite feeling, my support was no less than yours at the game, but I came away less upset.

I wanted us to go up

Waited years get this point I really throught we were going go up. And still be in the championship now is disppointing.

Yes it's disappointing not to go up but it's time to draw a line under that and focus on the positives of another year in the championships. Hopefully we will keep Frank and this will be a year of consolidation and building on what was learnt and achieved during Frank's first season. We have enjoyed at lot of very exciting attacking football. We will continue to build on that. Marriott and Waghorn will build on their fitness and be able to manage more game minutes. Several players in the academy show great promise and we are now using them and will continue to do so. Mel will continue his involvement with the club and there could well be more investment in the club. What's not to look forward to?

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

4F01800B-79D6-4504-89A6-AE0BF23775F6.thumb.jpeg.232641d0b0e9482d6c9c48be5c7971b9.jpeg

We’ve very lucky to be in the Midlands.

I remember that when I was a teen, back in the 70's, we actually held the record for the fewest miles travelled in a season.  Joint fewest to be precise, alongside WBA, if memory serves.

I've absolutely no idea which season that was "achieved", or indeed whether that record still stands, and I certainly can't remember the numbers, but hey, as that well known proverb says... "Half a fact is better than no fact at all"!  LOL!

Personally love the championship. Going to every game knowing we can win, always in or around the play offs makes it very exciting. 

Much better than hoping to be the 4th worst team in the Prem to stay up. It’s just a pity the financial element is so rewarding.

saying all that I’d take a year in the prem so Mel can get some money back and for us to bring in some promising talent that could stay with us without the worry of balancing the books so much against FFP

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well to be fair the point I was making I guess is that the championship is a great league.  

Yes the prem is the hallowed ground, don’t get me wrong I want to be there. 

I think we’re lucky to be in one of the best supported leagues in the world as a consolation. 

I’m looking forward to it, I’m not thinking negatively about the next campaign.

and neither am I.

1) Right now, I think the Championship looks low on quality for this coming year and very much provides an opportunity to get out of it.

2) If, big If, that Lamps and his team stays, he will have learnt an awful lot in his first year and take that with him into this coming season. (First quarter of the season Nugent led the line, Waghorn was a winger, Bryson was in the team fouling opposition players, etc)

3) Fully believe that although we may well not get the same loans back, he will pick out new stars of the future.

4) Marriott, Waghorn, Holmes, Keogh, Bogle - (I'm very much changed on him), Keogh are all quality players with whom we can build on.

5) So much deadwood will be leaving and hopefully freeing up budget space to bring in quality players

6) We have the best academy players in the country coming through (Fact) and although I'm looking for an instant impact (I think you need an instant benefit to be looking top two - we don't have the bedding in time) I think 1 or 2 could deliver this,

7) We're £3 Million richer for the play-offs (assuming there was a deal with Villa on the final gate receipts), money not budgeted for in the accounts. Gives FL a little more in his treasure chest to play with.

8) Fairly sure we have 20-22k season ticket holders and by an large a good fan base with big travelling support. When it comes to the loan market, maybe Leeds could be on paper slightly more attractive but I don't see anyone in the league who will attract a player over DCFC.

27th June is the fixtures day - already checked that out - so that's when the fun begins.

We go again, as we always do. We're in a promising position. Play-off Final was a free hit to get to the promised land. It's not doom and gloom we didn't make it, but we aspire to be there and want the club to be there. We will get there and I really hope it'll be with FL this season.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Luton away, or Spurs away. Yeah, it's quite bad. Skipping over the financial point, I'm sick of playing the same teams over and over again. I'm bored of playing Forest. Even if it was just a year, it'd have been nice to face some different teams. 

How? There's no better feeling in football that watching the mighty Rams score a goal against the Gumps, emotion overload!

Just now, philmycock said:

How? There's no better feeling in football that watching the mighty Rams score a goal against the Gumps, emotion overload!

Because I don't hate Forest that much. They're our neighbours, but I only know one forest fan, and he's a bit of a half arsed one at that. I'm more excited to play against Leeds, I know a lot of their fans and I truely hate that club. The East Midlands Derby is a way to get our players injured, and us to throw away results that we should get due to extra pressure being on it, and not one I find hugely rewarding.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because I don't hate Forest that much. They're our neighbours, but I only know one forest fan, and he's a bit of a half arsed one at that. I'm more excited to play against Leeds, I know a lot of their fans and I truely hate that club. The East Midlands Derby is a way to get our players injured, and us to throw away results that we should get due to extra pressure being on it, and not one I find hugely rewarding.

They're our biggest local rivals, I hate them with a passion, and they hate us, how can you not find this fixture anything but amazing? Where do you live?

6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

They're our biggest local rivals, I hate them with a passion, and they hate us, how can you not find this fixture anything but amazing? Where do you live?

Sheffield. Lived in mid Derbyshire for most of my life though, but rarely ever come across Forest fans. I just find it a team I'm told I should hate, without finding any reason to hate them.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Sheffield. Lived in mid Derbyshire for most of my life though, but rarely ever come across Forest fans. I just find it a team I'm told I should hate, without finding any reason to hate them.

There you go then. Just because you don't personally know a Forest fan doesn't mean that the rivalry doesn't exist, no-ones telling you to hate Forest, but if you're from Derby or Nottingham you live the rivalry. Just because you live nearer Leeds and know more Leeds fans is your own personal experience, which is probably different to most Derby/Forest fans. Your loss.

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

There you go then. Just because you don't personally know a Forest fan doesn't mean that the rivalry doesn't exist, no-ones telling you to hate Forest, but if you're from Derby or Nottingham you live the rivalry. Just because you live nearer Leeds and know more Leeds fans is your own personal experience, which is probably different to most Derby/Forest fans. Your loss.

I know, I was giving my opinion. Obviously the rivalry exists. You're the one seemingly with an issue with my opinion.

15 hours ago, t'oldu said:

We aren't equipped for the Prem. We need a settled side with players that know each other so well that interaction is at an instinctive level. It takes several, seasons to  build this.  Going up, getting a weekly pasting, coming back down...….again......is not what we need.   Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt. Home made but it doesn't make pretty reading. All that effort. all that indignity, 11 points...…………... 

Too true!

If we're honest we should admit that Villa are equipped to stay up whilst we might have struggled (again!)

We are a good Championship team who give the fans plenty to cheer about.

I reckon we must be the most entertaining side in the division and on our day we can outplay anyone.

Sadly in recent years we can always point to sometime in the season where we fail to get out of the changing room for several weeks. This has a disastrous impact on our final league position.

When we find a way of avoiding this slump I doubt me not we will finish in the top two!

We can then expect to perform in the Prem and may even finish in the top half!

Archived