Is another season in the Championship really that bad?

Boycie

Obviously financially Yes it is.

But purely being selfish, the possibility of winning more than we lose, a possible automatic place and a full season of positive progression towards the Prem instead of limping there on the fumes of an empty tank.

Yes, I’m sure some would look forward to the big teams coming if we had beaten Villa, but maybe next season we can storm up the league like Norwich have done this year.

I’m totally over the Wembley defeat as I didn’t go into the game with and expectation of us winning. (Especially after hearing the team WAYHAY!)

Who’s with me?

Here’s to next season! Come on you Rams!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

But purely being selfish, the possibility of winning more than we lose, a possible automatic place and a full season of positive progression towards the Prem instead of limping there on the fumes of an empty tank.

Yes, I’m sure some would look forward to the big teams coming if we had beaten Villa, but maybe next season we can storm up the league like Norwich have done this year.

I’m totally over the Wembley defeat as I didn’t go into the game with and expectation of us winning. (Especially after hearing the team WAYHAY!)

Who’s with me?

Here’s to next season! Come on you Rams!

Me! I  totally agree. 

IF what you describe happens of course that would be great, and possibly preferable.

But there is a larger possiblity we will lose Frank, sell players we don't want to,  not replace Mount etc, and finish mid-table....and that is depressing as hell.

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

IF what you describe happens of course that would be great, and possibly preferable.

But there is a larger possiblity we will lose Frank, sell players we don't want to,  not replace Mount etc, and finish mid-table....and that is depressing as hell.

Booooo. 

Mood hoover. ?

Just now, HantsRam said:

Sea of black and white.....

You are b4 and will hate all teams in claret for all eternity. 

I'm kinda quite used to the Championship and imagine the media circus if Frank were in the premier league.....?

Let’s march on together.

Have to agree, in a way, it's the thought of the premier league and getting there more than actually being in it that's better. Sort of a big fish in a small pond rather than little fish in a massive pond 

I don't mind the Championship. It'd be nice to see if we could compete in the Prem, but I think we'd be in a better shape if we go up after one more season under Frank.

Our two biggest games next season will still be in the Championship as well - Forest and Leeds. There are a lot of big teams in the Championship that we'd miss if we went up - 8 champions of england with 19 titles between them. Plus 25+ FA cups and I think one of them won a European cup or two. Outside the top 6 in the Prem there aren't exactly a huge number of exciting fixtures.

The only reason to go up is for the money, so we don't go out of business trying to compete in the EFL. Lets be honest no matter how well we do we will only be competing in the bottom 14 mini league in the Prem - not exactly exciting.

The trouble is everything is just possibilities, were in a position where at the minute weve no idea who’s gonna be playing us next season and maybe even managing us! It could go one of many ways this season, as most years in the championship, and that’s why you need to take your chances to get out this division when you get them- because while a club like us is here we’re just gonna make losses fianincially and be unable to keep a hold of our players. We’ve had plenty of chances to get out but not taken them, it’s rather wasteful- who knows when the next chance will come along?

Sorry to rain on your parade but that’s the reality, we need to get to the prem ASAP to keep our best players, attract better players and save ourselves financially. Also wouldn’t say you’re any more prepared for the prem whether you scrape or or storm up.. its a whole new level and you’ll need plenty of change either way up. Do agree however that I didn’t expect us to go up last year, just reach the playoffs so I’m not overly devastated at the moment. We do need to find that level of consistency that we’ve lacked for years if we’re ever gonna be relentless enough to make it up though. Let’s hope we find the quality of player to do that this summer and storm it this year!

I like the Championship, I dislike Sunday football, I despise VAR, not a fan of being slated on Match of the Day. 46 games in the championship instead of 38 in the prem. More chance of winning games, another possibility of going to Wembley or dare I dream of a top 2 finish?, Forest, Leeds, Fulham, Barnsley, Luton away amongst others. 

Keep your money and your VAR.

Although, things would be all the more sweeter if Lampard stays.

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

That's mainly it.

But who doesn't think we could do as well as teams like Bournemouth, Watford and Wolves given the right manager and some reasonable signings - still not sure who our recruitment team is.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

There's Luton.....that'll be new.

We can all say hi to Tommy Rob....

(Oops, wrong thread - sorry mods?)

True I haven’t been to Kenilworth Road. I’ll never forget back in the 80’s when Millwall had a riot there and it was a proper riot. Worse than any seat throwing Leeds or Chelsea did at the BBG.

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's mainly it.

But who doesn't think we could do as well as teams like Bournemouth, Watford and Wolves given the right manager and some reasonable signings - still not sure who our recruitment team is.

So all we need to do is either breach FFP like Bournemouth did, have a super agent get us cut price champions league players and lose £60 million in one year like Wolves did or get Mel to buy some sister clubs abroad and get them to send us all of their best players like Watford did. 

Steve McClarens son is our chief scout still I believe.

No not bad at all. 

That season in the prem was painful infact The whole Jewell era was a debacle. Another season in the championship wont hurt us been here for 11 seasons can go again no worries.

Surely Frank and co can only get better.

Archived