David

The Championship 19/20

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 09:42, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

How do the Gumps manage to fluke so many games? It's like the footballing gods stole all our good luck then gave the Gumps a double helping. Sickener 🤮

They are 5th, you don't get to be there after 33 games by being lucky...they have a plan and are working it well, their wheels could fall off if they get a couple of big injuries but its surprising how "fit" players can be when they are challenging for promotion...personally I hope they go up.

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Of course you do mate. Perhaps next time we're doing OK you can be so glowing in your praise, eh! 

COYR

Or It could be that i hope they go up because I never ever ever want to see their horrible piece of broccoli on that disgusting piece of red cloth Or any of those six fingered hobbits ever again in our stadium...?... but much easier if you make out I like them..

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Or It could be that i hope they go up because I never ever ever want to see their horrible piece of broccoli on that disgusting piece of red cloth Or any of those six fingered hobbits ever again in our stadium...?... but much easier if you make out I like them..

Fair enough mate. I'd rather they crashed and burned so we can laugh at them the way they have us. Having them gloating about their success would be hard work for me but each to their own I guess 👍

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fair enough mate. I'd rather they crashed and burned so we can laugh at them the way they have us. Having them gloating about their success would be hard work for me but each to their own I guess 👍

I really don’t mind, I don’t want to go up to the Premiershite (good job really) and I just want them out of the league we are in (obviously I would prefer them to go I to liquidation, implode, sell off everything, go bankrupt, have to give back all their trophies and never play a game again)..

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

I really don’t mind, I don’t want to go up to the Premiershite (good job really) and I just want them out of the league we are in (obviously I would prefer them to go I to liquidation, implode, sell off everything, go bankrupt, have to give back all their trophies and never play a game again)..

Take your point and apologies for the hasty assumption. I did think it was a bit off tbh. Personally I don't loathe them as such I just want us to smash them every time we play. I think I'd miss the rivalry and in fairness, not all their fans are bad. I guess they have similar feelings about us.

The only club I'd happily see nuked is Leeds but I'd still like to beat them in the play-offs again first.

56 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Take your point and apologies for the hasty assumption. I did think it was a bit off tbh. Personally I don't loathe them as such I just want us to smash them every time we play. I think I'd miss the rivalry and in fairness, not all their fans are bad. I guess they have similar feelings about us.

The only club I'd happily see nuked is Leeds but I'd still like to beat them in the play-offs again first.

I think I could take them being promoted (although it would be very hard to take in the short term), providing you could guarantee me they’ll get just 9 points from the following season. Their promotion would fail into insignificance compared with that. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I think I could take them being promoted (although it would be very hard to take in the short term), providing you could guarantee me they’ll get just 9 points from the following season. Their promotion would fail into insignificance compared with that. 

Yep, I'd not thought of that possibility. How we'd laugh!

8 hours ago, nottingram said:

Appreciate it is probably just ill thought out wording, but bragging about away fans not wanting to pay their extortionate ticket prices is a weird one, even for Leeds

The giants of football who were closing stands only three years ago, as they couldn't flog tickets to there own fans you mean .

On 18/02/2020 at 15:10, nottingram said:

Appreciate it is probably just ill thought out wording, but bragging about away fans not wanting to pay their extortionate ticket prices is a weird one, even for Leeds

No mate it is proper bragging, trust me, their admin is a bamford