David

The Championship 19/20

41 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've only seen the headline so forgive me if I've misinterpreted what's going on.

But if I was a Middlesbrough player earning £30,000 per week, I would feel absolutely horrific if someone earning £30,000 per year was let go due to the club's financial issues.

Probably a lot less than that too.

Shows how obscene it can be at times.

Some players probably gamble away more a month than some people earn in a year.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Really don’t understand why they don’t just sell a player or 2?

they did enough buying a couple of years ago 

I would imagine that, like us, the ones they could sell would be on high wages so hard to shift.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I would imagine that, like us, the ones they could sell would be on high wages so hard to shift.

I'm sure they could sell some of their better players like Ryan Shotton.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

I'm sure they could sell some of their better players like Ryan Shotton.

Funny how he was never good enough for Derby fans yet holds down a regular place at Boro.

12 hours ago, GenBr said:

What the **** difference is it going to make to Boros wage bill if Brenda the tea lady takes voluntary redundancy.

Surely they will only be saving pennies with this approach unless some of the playing staff decide to take redundancy as well.

The wee permed rick is worth £210 million FFS. Climb off your cross Steve, everyone's bored of it now. Instead of spunking millions on crap players and managers how about you set aside a single million to safeguard the job roles you're now choosing to shed. Pathetic really!

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

25 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Explains why they didn't make the playoffs 😉 

You could argue the only reason they had a shot at the play offs was because of their defence.