The Championship 19/20

David

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If that's the case, I'm sure we could find a use for him... 

Happy to take Will Hughes back from Watford as well if they want to start cutting costs early before relegation. 

If Stoke get a good manager like Hughton I'm sure they will find a use for Tom though.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Nathan Jones looking resigned to his fate...

Stoke City manager Nathan Jones says he "gambled with people's lives" when he joined the Championship club but admits "it just hasn't worked out".

Tuesday's home defeat by fellow strugglers Huddersfield left the Potters bottom of table, having taken just two points from 10 games.

Jones took over at Stoke in January, leaving League One side Luton who went on to win promotion.

"I gambled everything and it hasn't paid off," Jones told BBC Radio 5 Live.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49905806

"Everything"??? sounds a bit melodramatic to me.

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

"Everything"??? sounds a bit melodramatic to me.

"hasn't paid off" sounds a bit hard to believe as well; He went from a Luton Town paycheck to a Stoke City parachute payment paycheck. He'll get another job in League One quite easily but be millions of £ better off. 

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

"hasn't paid off" sounds a bit hard to believe as well; He went from a Luton Town paycheck to a Stoke City parachute payment paycheck. He'll get another job in League One quite easily but be millions of £ better off. 

But don’t stoke have to keep paying him til he gets a new job. So he’d be better off waiting til his contract ends before he gets a new job. 

Speaking of which, are forest still paying wee billy?

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Move to Stoke on his horizons?

As of now there is no vacancy there, surprising really given the way Jones was talking post Huddersfield.

Today he held his pre match press conference for Swansea, could the Stoke board be sending out a message to the players, you’re not going to see another manager out the door, stand by him?

Huge call if that’s the case

20 minutes ago, David said:

As of now there is no vacancy there, surprising really given the way Jones was talking post Huddersfield.

Today he held his pre match press conference for Swansea, could the Stoke board be sending out a message to the players, you’re not going to see another manager out the door, stand by him?

Huge call if that’s the case

Reads to me like "two wins in the next three or you're out"

21 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Pulis to Rowett to Harris with a few in between? No wonder Stoke fans are turning on the club

Yeah, all those fancy Dan managers like Mark Hughes have ripped the heart of Stoke. They can scarcely remember the last time a Stoke player put a proper leg breaker in. The sheer lack of poop housing must be demoralising for Stokiemons.

21 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yeah, all those fancy Dan managers like Mark Hughes have ripped the heart of Stoke. They can scarcely remember the last time a Stoke player put a proper leg breaker in. The sheer lack of poop housing must be demoralising for Stokiemons.

You daren't mention Paul Lambert in Stoke after his midfield once put 3 consecutive passes on the floor together.........?

Archived