The Championship 19/20

David

41 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Still too early to tell. 

Stoke have been the better team imo, Forest just more clinical.

Stoke were much the better team against us as well. I think they'd be fine if they get any semi decent manager. If they get someone like Hughton in they'd probably be a pretty good team.

32 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Forms unreal tbh, fair play to them. And theres no overtalented team in this league bar fulham .. unfortnately. 

They've only lost one less game than we have. They've had good wins against Swansea and Fulham, but they lost to West Brom who we drew against and drew with Leeds who we also drew against. We also drew with Swansea - too many draws for us.

We are top of the league at Christmas all the time - it means jack **** if you fall apart after that. It certainly doesn't mean anything this early in the season - the last time they were top of the league was with Stuart Pearce (as manager) for christs sake.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very emotional interview by Nathan Jones. He brought up his statistics from his spell at Luton to show it isn’t him, it’s the players who need pointing at. He knows he’s about to lose his job. Caroline Barker said we “hope” to see you on Tuesday and he looked down like he knows he’s going to sacked within the next few days.

Whats happened to Jack Butland though? He was in the discussion to be England’s no1 just over a year ago but now he makes key mistakes every game.

1 hour ago, Sexydadbod said:

Very emotional interview by Nathan Jones. He brought up his statistics from his spell at Luton to show it isn’t him, it’s the players who need pointing at. He knows he’s about to lose his job. Caroline Barker said we “hope” to see you on Tuesday and he looked down like he knows he’s going to sacked within the next few days.

Whats happened to Jack Butland though? He was in the discussion to be England’s no1 just over a year ago but now he makes key mistakes every game.

It’s what we said about the guy at Huddersfield though. Stepping up from a league1 club doing well to what is essentially still a premier league club (in terms of set up if not position) is a massive jump. He may be great at tactics and training and all those other things that are important for a manager, but can he handle the egos and the infrastructure in a big club with big players?

he should have stuck with Luton and worked his way up to that level playing a season or too in the championship and letting the club and himself grow naturally to a bigger size. 

bad decision by stoke and jones. 

never mind though, eh, life goes on, I’m sure I’ll get over it.

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s what we said about the guy at Huddersfield though. Stepping up from a league1 club doing well to what is essentially still a premier league club (in terms of set up if not position) is a massive jump. He may be great at tactics and training and all those other things that are important for a manager, but can he handle the egos and the infrastructure in a big club with big players?

he should have stuck with Luton and worked his way up to that level playing a season or too in the championship and letting the club and himself grow naturally to a bigger size. 

bad decision by stoke and jones. 

never mind though, eh, life goes on, I’m sure I’ll get over it.

So much in football management just seems to come from the players "believing" (or not) in the manager.

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Can't believe that bamford Bamford didn't get sent off today how the hell is that only a yellow.

All part of the EFL conspiracy against Leeds. Getting him off the pitch would have improved them.

Apparently the attempts of both Gary Rowett and Nathan Jones to bring modern, attractive, forward thinking football to the Stokiemons have failed so the club is going to return to its soul and passion for miseryball - bringing back Pulis.

The writ will naturally be in the post from Steve Gibson.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1178803004125974528?s=19

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think we blame Bennett and Lawrence for being on the pop.

Or maybe Waggy for not burying the one on one with Butland near the end eh. Stoke really are so garbage so far this season, you could blame the kit man, bus driver and whoever packed the lunches.

38 minutes ago, wyschtonram said:

Because Butland made his only good save of the season !

It was pretty much the only game this season he's played well in. He's made 11 saves the entire season and he made 4 of them against us.

Nathan Jones looking resigned to his fate...

Stoke City manager Nathan Jones says he "gambled with people's lives" when he joined the Championship club but admits "it just hasn't worked out".

Tuesday's home defeat by fellow strugglers Huddersfield left the Potters bottom of table, having taken just two points from 10 games.

Jones took over at Stoke in January, leaving League One side Luton who went on to win promotion.

"I gambled everything and it hasn't paid off," Jones told BBC Radio 5 Live.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49905806

35 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

seen on oatcake stoke city forum , Tom Ince getting it both barrels from Stoke fans , basically accusing him of stealing  a living , and they never want to see him in a Stoke shirt again

If that's the case, I'm sure we could find a use for him... 

Archived