The Championship 19/20

Day

24 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Good to know you've written off Shinnie after one league cup game and one of our best youth players in the form of 18 year old Jason Knight. None of them are garbage.

Shinnie wont last past next summer- everyone knows this

Knight Ive been impressed by,- but not ready for CC yet. I think a loan to a team like peterborough would do him a world of good

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Not "writing" anything off. Think we are in transition and the future is promising. Like cocu, like the fact that he isnt too stubborn to reintroduce players like martin, like our youngsters, e.g lowe, bogle, but our midfield and wingers are relegation standard. We arent getting in top 6 this season

How do you know so early?  What was different in jim smiths promotion season and billys at this stage of the season?  The league positions were very very similar and we were in very poor form.

It turned around and it might do this year with some returning players and dont forget wayne in January 

Just now, Paul71 said:

How do you know so early?  What was different in jim smiths promotion season and billys at this stage of the season?  The league positions were very very similar and we were in very poor form.

It turned around and it might do this year with some returning players and dont forget wayne in January 

One thing wayne will do (despite his goal drought) is improve out god ducking awful set peices and penalties (assuming he will take them)

Think teams now are better than they were under billys regime (more parachute money). Not seen anything to make me feel like we can get in top 6. Dont get me wrong, seen promising signs of us being comfortable in games (i.e vs wba, cardiff, swansea), but we dont look like  a team that can kill the opposition off and score more than 1 goal a game

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

One thing wayne will do (despite his goal drought) is improve out god ducking awful set peices and penalties (assuming he will take them)

Think teams now are better than they were under billys regime (more parachute money). Not seen anything to make me feel like we can get in top 6. Dont get me wrong, seen promising signs of us being comfortable in games (i.e vs wba, cardiff, swansea), but we dont look like  a team that can kill the opposition off and score more than 1 goal a game

You might be right but i like to look at history and it shows 8 games is too early.

59 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

He is  better than any of our wingers , who I have repeatedly said , are pub league standard. Utter dross

Isn't that part of our problem? Other than Jozefzoon we don't have any - Waghorn, Bennett & Lawrence aren't wingers - more like strikers being asked to play wide.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Isn't that part of our problem? Other than Jozefzoon we don't have any - Waghorn, Bennett & Lawrence aren't wingers - more like strikers being asked to play wide.

Apart from waghorn (who has been poor and wasteful this season), all  deserve to play in league 2

8 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Greater squad depth 

Whilst we are restricted to huddlestone Dowell or Evans in cm ffs

Adamoah would walk into our first team

The squad sizes are comparable. Forest have 30 first team players. We have 31. The only noticeable difference is that we have twice as many recent Academy products actively in the squad. Forest's 5 to our 11. So perhaps, yes, you could argue they have more senior players and greater numbers, but better quality is debateable.

Your view that suddenly our whole team is garbage, compared to Forest's - it seems to be reactionary. This is the same Forest whose highest position in the last five years is 9th - which is actually the lowest we have finished in 5 years. So we have consistently finished higher than Forest year in, year out for some time now.

Out of interest, if you had to put a matchday squad of 18 together consisting of Forest and Derby players, how would it look? Would you have more Forest players in your squad?

Id say our first teams are similar

But squad and having different type of players, options to change things up is important. Forest have it and we dont. They also have a good midfield and wing balance and we dont (they have a bit of a crap defence and got lucky last few weeks not to concede)

1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

But squad and having different type of players, options to change things up is important. Forest have it and we dont. They also have a good midfield and wing balance and we dont (they have a bit of a crap defence and got lucky last few weeks not to concede)

They have the smell of Derby 06/07 about them at the minute . 25% position and a 1- 0 win .  It can work, we've done it and QPR did it too our cost in 2014. You do need a lot of money when you get up though, or do a Stoke and buy as many 7 foot players as you can and hope you can grind it out for a couple of years .

Thomas seemed to do ok against them the other day . He had more shots on target than we've had in a month .

30 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Having a squad is important, but you are saying that they have this abundance of game changing quality we lack, yet you seem reluctant to go into specifics. Of all these quality options Forest possess, who would like to have?

If we compared the two squads man for man, I suspect most would actually say we have a better squad.

Not by much, mind you. The gap is definitely closing, as they have kept their squad together and we have lost 5-6 key players.

Let’s be fair, if you are judging us versus them on the basis of 8 league games and one League Cup tie, it is not very much to go on and fairly assess both teams, is it?

I am not saying you are wrong. Forest might indeed prove to be better than us over the course of the season, but at this point, I think you are jumping the gun.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Predicted final championship table ??‍♂️

Going up with 100 points!

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/league-table/predicted

Jesus what crackhead wrote that? Even if we ignore the ludicrous claim you’ll get 100 points- how the hell are you gonna manage all that only scoring 53 goals?! Not brought karanka back have you?

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Predicted final championship table ??‍♂️

Going up with 100 points!

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/league-table/predicted

Leeds to concede one goal for the whole of the rest of the season?
And digging further that's from their only predicted loss, a loss to... Bristol City?
Image.png.495e749c458bd17e22a3095e40a47b23.png
I'm going to be honest, I don't see that happening

4 hours ago, JfR said:

Leeds to concede one goal for the whole of the rest of the season?
And digging further that's from their only predicted loss, a loss to... Bristol City?
Image.png.495e749c458bd17e22a3095e40a47b23.png
I'm going to be honest, I don't see that happening

There are quite a few games where the percentage probable result is in our favour but they have forecast as draws, but these two stood out.

51B775D2-AE04-4DBF-8FFF-6B6214652FD2.jpeg

2A4B6B14-2B97-4349-927A-BE14DC1D35CA.jpeg

6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

There are quite a few games where the percentage probable result is in our favour but they have forecast as draws, but these two stood out.

It really is a weird table. I'd love to see the algorithms they used to create it.

Archived