The Championship 19/20

David

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I would suggest that someone who has just done their ACL is more likely to turn out like that than someone who hasn't.

Surely you don't think Thornes broken leg was anything to do with his injury history? 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Apologies for not being clear enough. I meant the way in which his footballing ability has drastically declined, seemingly as a result of his ACL injury.

I would say that its almost zero to do with that and more to do with the broken leg.

In the season he broke his leg he played a lot of games at a very good level for Derby.

22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nowhere near as good as he was in 13/14 though.

I think that has a lot to do with those around him aswell, and the way we played as a team.

The outcry that it cost us promotion from many fans shows to me the contribution he made that season.

He isn’t showing to many signs of being hampered by a knee injury here 

Just to add, how many of the likes of bryson,  hughes, hendrick, Russell,  ward, Martin etc ever played as well for us than they did in 13/14?

On 14/09/2019 at 16:51, dcfcfan1 said:

Forest an example of what good scouting and recruitment can do 

Fair play to them

Why because they are sat in 10th in the division?

They have signed around 50 players over the last 3 seasons, that does not sound like good scouting to me, sounds more like signing quantity over quality and hoping some of the players turn out to be good.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Why because they are sat in 10th in the division?

They have signed around 50 players over the last 3 seasons, that does not sound like good scouting to me, sounds more like signing quantity over quality and hoping some of the players turn out to be good.

Played all the hard teams already, I think they will get top 6 easily bar a grabban injury

5 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Played all the hard teams already, I think they will get top 6 easily bar a grabban injury

They've had a tough start on paper, playing 6 of the top 8 but I wouldnt bet on Charlton, Birmingham or Preston being up there at the end of the season.

As another poster has pointed out, Forest are often up there at the end of September but you get no prizes for that.

Back to the original point though, do you think making over 50 signings over 3 seasons is a sign of good scouting?

On 20/09/2019 at 01:02, Paul71 said:

I think that has a lot to do with those around him aswell, and the way we played as a team.

The outcry that it cost us promotion from many fans shows to me the contribution he made that season.

He isn’t showing to many signs of being hampered by a knee injury here 

Just to add, how many of the likes of bryson,  hughes, hendrick, Russell,  ward, Martin etc ever played as well for us than they did in 13/14?

Slight tangent, but I thought we were better in 14/15 than 13/14. Injuries absolutely killed what should have been a title winning season.

On 14/09/2019 at 16:51, dcfcfan1 said:

Forest an example of what good scouting and recruitment can do 

Fair play to them

Aren't you getting ahead of yourself a little?

Look at their regular starting XI. Seven of them were already at the club last season and two of those seven - Cash and Worrall - are Academy products. 

How much scouting was required to unearth Michael Dawson, who has been playing in the Championship in four of the last six seasons and was at Spurs for a decade and is also an Academy product? How much scouting was required to unearth Jack Robinson who was an Academy player at Liverpool and had been doing the rounds in the lower reaches of the Championship for five years prior?

What about Ben Watson who has been playing at this level or higher since 2002? Or Lewis Grabban who was a proven goalscorer at Championship level with four different clubs before he joined Forest?

Lolley, I'll give you. No-one would have imagined him having the impact he has had coming from a mixed spell at Huddersfield.

But who would you have signed for Derby at the time? Grabban, and that's it.

As for the new boys - Silva, Samba, Semedo, Sow, Ribeiro and Ameobi et al - how can any firm conclusions be drawn on their impact, positive or otherwise, after 8 league games? Samba is getting rave reviews, who else?

Let's see where Forest are 25 games from now before we hand the awards out.

2 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Greater squad depth 

Whilst we are restricted to huddlestone Dowell or Evans in cm ffs

Adamoah would walk into our first team

Evans is injured, but we've got Knight, Shinnie, and Holmes for CM as well. If you are including DCMs in your list you can add Bielik as well. How many more do you want?

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Evans is injured, but we've got Knight, Shinnie, and Holmes for CM as well. If you are including DCMs in your list you can add Bielik as well. How many more do you want?

Apart from beilik and maybe holmes all our cms are garbage

Utter static dross

14 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Apart from beilik and maybe holmes all our cms are garbage

Utter static dross

Good to know you've written off Shinnie after one league cup game and one of our best youth players in the form of 18 year old Jason Knight. None of them are garbage.

36 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

He is  better than any of our wingers , who I have repeatedly said , are pub league standard. Utter dross

Had you written off billys team and Jim smiths after 8 games?

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Had you written off billys team and Jim smiths after 8 games?

Not "writing" anything off. Think we are in transition and the future is promising. Like cocu, like the fact that he isnt too stubborn to reintroduce players like martin, like our youngsters, e.g lowe, bogle, but our midfield and wingers are relegation standard. We arent getting in top 6 this season

Archived