Pre-Season

PrivateDerby

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/06/2019 at 13:34, cricketpaul said:

They have Europa League qualifiers on 25th July and 1st Aug, would they want an high profile friendly on the 28th?

On 06/06/2019 at 13:39, i-Ram said:

That will have stumped a few. 

So after this was raised I was certain the Rangers fixture must have fallen through, but apparently they're managing it. I'm quite surprised to be honest. 

Maybe they don't want to wait a full week between their first competitive fixture of the season and their second? Seems odd to me.

Nice mix of fixtures there against lower level and similar level opposition. Nice to have a foreign team and another team we rarely play involved too, gives us something different and different places to go. Shame we’re not playing more exciting games in the US but should be a good long training camp that for the players. Quite a late start tho with only 4 weeks of pre season training. Hope we’re ready for the season.

Onward to waiting for the main fixtures next week then!

4 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Be lucky to get 5k with that home game, whatever happened to the big sides like Barca coming to town? Stadium would be packed to the rafters 

Pre season is about preparing for the season ahead. There would be no use in playing against a team like Barcelona.

So, with Girona being the team coming to Pride Park - who was the player playing for Brazil's youth team in the game Franks watched, who plays for Girona? 

Seems like a deal isn't THAT far fetched.

26 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So, with Girona being the team coming to Pride Park - who was the player playing for Brazil's youth team in the game Franks watched, who plays for Girona? 

Douglas Luiz, on loan from City?

26 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Douglas Luiz

Would be very much dependent on whether Man City can get a work permit for him, which they've struggled with a bit so far for whatever reason

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Douglas Luiz, on loan from City?

Ah I didn't know that detail ? Only half payed attention to the conversations at the time. 

Must just be coincidence then.

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Ah I didn't know that detail ? Only half payed attention to the conversations at the time. 

Must just be coincidence then.

I mean I'm guessing... that's the only Brazilian they have according to Wiki. Hasn't played in England due to Work Permits.

Archived