Pre-Season

PrivateDerby

1 hour ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

You’re missing the point, this is in regards to people attending Nottingham forest friendly matches (games that have zero to do with Derby). 

To be fair, I've attended quite a few friendlies at Florest over the years.  If they are playing PSV, Lyon, etc. and Derby aren't playing that day, I'd much rather go and see some top European talent than twiddle my thumbs at home...especially as it usually results in Forest being completely outclassed.

Now that we've started attracting the like of Hoffenheim etc. our friendlies are getting better.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

To be fair, I've attended quite a few friendlies at Florest over the years.  If they are playing PSV, Lyon, etc. and Derby aren't playing that day, I'd much rather go and see some top European talent than twiddle my thumbs at home...especially as it usually results in Forest being completely outclassed.

Now that we've started attracting the like of Hoffenheim etc. our friendlies are getting better.

Ok

37 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Girona at home itk #themidlandsreporter #iamramspolls

My ITK radar says we will play Notts County and Burton at some point, maybe a little trip to Chesterfield and an exciting trip to Buxton.

Then we will finish with home again against a big old Premier League side like Bournemouth.

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My ITK radar says we will play Notts County and Burton at some point, maybe a little trip to Chesterfield and an exciting trip to Buxton.

Then we will finish with home again against a big old Premier League side like Bournemouth.

Your itk radar is probably right on those early teams, we always start with local games for fitness first before working on tactics. They’ll be a training camp for 10 days or so somewhere too I’m sure with a couple of matches.

Youre wrong on the latter tho, cause that wasn’t guesswork, it’s been on the site for over a week now... we’re playing girona at home. Unless we buck the trend and play two at home of course.

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Your itk radar is probably right on those early teams, we always start with local games for fitness first before working on tactics. They’ll be a training camp for 10 days or so somewhere too I’m sure with a couple of matches.

Youre wrong on the latter tho, cause that wasn’t guesswork, it’s been on the site for over a week now... we’re playing girona at home. Unless we buck the trend and play two at home of course.

Like we did last season...

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Looking forward to Frank starting the bounce at Burton in a few weeks.

Are Chelsea playing Burton?

balls, I sometimes go to Florida in the summer but I’m going next year not this! Couldn’t have done it next year could they? Be a great pre season tour that, best One we’ve come up with. Mind playing Bristol over there is a bit disappointing, never see the point playing a team from your own division in pre season, would rather play some of the local teams on tour like Orlando. Bit more exciting than a trip to burton mine you! News coming today isn’t it? May have an announcement later, getting a bit close to the time not to announce something. Makes for a more interesting pre season, be good facilities over there to work in as well. 

16 minutes ago, JfR said:

"The training camp will give Lee and his coaching team the best possible preparation for next season"

Yeah, of course. We can all look forward to many games played in temperatures well in excess of 30 degrees with extremely high humidity next season. I've always struggled to understand the need for warm weather training. 

Frank Lampard’s players will report back for pre-season training on Monday 1st July 2019

?

And its confirmed we're off to Florida for 10 days, where we'll play Sarasota Metropolis and Bristol City

Archived