Pre-Season

PrivateDerby

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Relegated from La Liga last season

Girona Futbol Club, S.A.D. is a professional football club based in Girona, Catalonia, Spain. Founded on 23 July 1930, it plays in Segunda División, having been relegated to the second-division league at the end of the 2018–19 season. Girona holds its home matches at the 14,450-capacity Estadi Montilivi.

I saw Girona at Florest pre season last year (or the one before). I sat in the main stand chatting to the (single) handful of away fans. I gave them some of the small Derby flags - they were thrilled. The locals just looked confused - especially when we cheered when Girona scored.

Sadly Forest didn't lose. Come to think of it, this may be why the locals looked confused.

It would be grand to see Girona at a proper stadium this year.

3 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

I saw Girona at Florest pre season last year (or the one before). I sat in the main stand chatting to the (single) handful of away fans. I gave them some of the small Derby flags - they were thrilled. The locals just looked confused - especially when we cheered when Girona scored.

Sadly Forest didn't lose. Come to think of it, this may be why the locals looked confused.

It would be grand to see Girona at a proper stadium this year.

This is a strange story, where I come from  I would never be seen in the local rivals stadium under any circumstance, especially for a friendly with a non entity from Spain

7 hours ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

This is a strange story, where I come from  I would never be seen in the local rivals stadium under any circumstance, especially for a friendly with a non entity from Spain

congratulations to you then

On 08/06/2019 at 09:35, PrivateDerby said:

One day we'll get a decent trip abroad... thousands of Rams basking with beer in a pretty town square somewhere. 

To be fair over the last 5 years or so we have had some great trips...

Got soaked in the rain in Graz, Austria.

Lapped up the sun in Utrecht & Kaiserslautern.

Was also pretty sunny in Dublin at Bohs away.

We have done alright last few years. These games were all pretty much setup for the fans which was nice.

On 08/06/2019 at 22:29, Mark of Ayrshire said:

So you wouldn't be seen near it when they play Derby then? Interesting.

2 hours ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

N

No, I don’t have, never have and never will attend any Derby away games. I can understand people going to a league or cup match, but a friendly? 

That’s not what you said

On 08/06/2019 at 22:29, Mark of Ayrshire said:

I would never be seen in the local rivals stadium under any circumstance

On 10/06/2019 at 14:28, therams69 said:

To be fair over the last 5 years or so we have had some great trips...

Got soaked in the rain in Graz, Austria.

Lapped up the sun in Utrecht & Kaiserslautern.

Was also pretty sunny in Dublin at Bohs away.

We have done alright last few years. These games were all pretty much setup for the fans which was nice.

True. 

Utrecht was good but our trip was rushed, thought Hughes was going to get us up on his own that season! Bohemians was a brilliant weekend, couldn't believe that pub in the stand was sat with a pint when Cloughie and the lads strolled in. Went to put our flag on the stand to our right, it was like it had been bombed, can't find the photos now.

Cant moan really but a similar trip away this year would be nice, always loved pre-season for some reason.

On 10/06/2019 at 17:42, Mark of Ayrshire said:

N

No, I don’t have, never have and never will attend any Derby away games. I can understand people going to a league or cup match, but a friendly? 

I go friendly games  in the uk

You are mr happy then

Archived