Pre-Season

PrivateDerby

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An alleged Rangers ITK on twitter said we've a friendly lined up at the Ibrox in late July, which'll be nice if true. I like Rangers.

Some local teams building up the leagues, then a showcase friendly against someone from the upper end of the prem- maybe Chelsea this year? Be a training camp mid way through that that’ll hopefully be somewhere interesting with a couple of decent games too. 

Would like to see us play a couple of bigger teams abroad who we don’t normally get to play- trip to Spain or Italy?

I have a feeling that it will be a lower prem team here again - Bournemouth, Watford, Palace or someone similar. There will probably be something in Southern Europe - maybe around La Manga or Faro. There will probably be a handful of local 'Derby 11' games too.

I'm aware that this post sounds rather like the infamous ' What will the royal family be having for breakfast' Alexander Armstrong sketch. Sorry about that. More of the same:

We could face a famous European side either at our place or theirs.

enough I think

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

An alleged Rangers ITK on twitter said we've a friendly lined up at the Ibrox in late July, which'll be nice if true. I like Rangers.

Heard something about us playing Rangers and Hearts close to each other, long weekend away in Scotland anyone?

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just been told that Rangers friendly to be announced on Friday, but apparently to happen at Pride Park...I'm not ITK just passing on what I was told.

Seems fairly probable. Remember seeing something on Twitter by an ITK Ger a few weeks back saying that they'd be playing Oxford, Marseille, Rovers and us, and the other three of those have been announced by Rangers now as Ibrox games. Either they planned to play us there and it hasn't worked out, or perhaps more likely that they're playing down here and we'll announce it.

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

Seems fairly probable. Remember seeing something on Twitter by an ITK Ger a few weeks back saying that they'd be playing Oxford, Marseille, Rovers and us, and the other three of those have been announced by Rangers now as Ibrox games. Either they planned to play us there and it hasn't worked out, or perhaps more likely that they're playing down here and we'll announce it.

Well the lad said he has heard mixed things on whether it is here or there. Latest was that it is at PP and lads north of the border have been trying to source accommodation down here. 

We will see i suppose.

3 hours ago, Stuartsays said:

We played Rangers at PP for Ted McMinn’s testimonial

And it was a great atmosphere, record attendance apart from the England Mexico game as well, met some crazy Rangers fans that weekend in the Merry Widows after the Derby Sheffield Wednesday game, will deffo go to that game, I am already missing football.

32 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

And it was a great atmosphere, record attendance apart from the England Mexico game as well, met some crazy Rangers fans that weekend in the Merry Widows after the Derby Sheffield Wednesday game, will deffo go to that game, I am already missing football.

One rangers fan took off his shirt and handed it to my brother and said "whenever you look at this remember Rangers were in town".

Utter class.

10 hours ago, rynny said:

Haven't we been said to be playing Rangers every year in a pre season friendly since the Ted's testimonial? ?‍♂️

Last year it was definitely just what the fans and 32Red wanted because of the Lampard vs Gerrard narrative. There were no concrete rumours.

This year it seems to be a genuine rumour. I’m not sure about the other years.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Last year it was definitely just what the fans and 32Red wanted because of the Lampard vs Gerrard narrative. There were no concrete rumours.

This year it seems to be a genuine rumour. I’m not sure about the other years.

Definitely not a rumour about this year. 

Update on the Rangers stuff.

The ITK guy on Twitter said (on May 10th) their schedule would be:

Oxford United 7th July
Marseille 14th July
Blackburn 21st July
Derby 28th July

See here https://twitter.com/_snedders/status/1126814284586082305

They've just confirmed the Oxford, Marseille and Blackburn fixtures yesterday ( https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4331074/celtic-rangers-pre-season-schedules/ )

Would be weird for that guy to be right about 3 of the fixtures and miss with one - but as they've revealed most of their pre-season it would mean either it's not happening or for some reason can't be confirmed right now.

Archived