The wait...

IslandExile

As anyone who has read the other thread I initiated will know, I am quite anxious for Frank and Jody to stay and build on their excellent first season. They have reinvigorated our club and I am longing for that to continue.

So we know they are odds on (1/4) to take over from Sarri if he loses his job at Chelsea or opts to go to Juventus as widely anticipated.

We also know that Frank is meeting with Mel to discuss plans for next season, budgets, targets etc.

There are other factors that may come into play: investment, law suits (Boro - really?), contract renewals...

So, I have been hoping - to put me out of my misery - that there would be announcement from Pride Park:  "After fruitful discussions on the way ahead, Frank and the team have signed new 5 year contracts and the goal is to get the Rams back into contention at the top of the Premier League as soon as possible". However, that's probably wishful thinking. Probably.

So, how long must we wait for a clearer view of the future? For Chelsea to return from Baku? For Sarri to talk to Abramovich and/or go to Turin on his holidays? For Frank, Christine and baby to return from Margate or wherever they go on vacation? For the High Court to throw Gibson out for wasting the court's time? For the players to return for pre-season training?

COYR - tell me what's happening.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Archied said:

New contract not the real issue ,rowett signed one then jumped ship, my gut is telling me franks staying

True re: contract though 1. it would be a statement of intent and 2. would mean more compensation if broken - as happened with Rowett.

I guess I was just hoping for some positive news but I guess I'll just have to settle for "no news is good news". ?

Speculation won't go away until Sarri is replaced, or confirmed for at least next season. 

As good a first season as it is for Frank, it is just that. Chelsea can't afford to wait for him to learn on the job, they're going to need someone who has been around the block, especially with the transfer embargo. 

The football might not be to their liking, but it would be stupid to get a new manager in when they can't do anything but use what is in place, unless they find someone willing, who can make better use of the players already there. 

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Speculation won't go away until Sarri is replaced, or confirmed for at least next season. 

As good a first season as it is for Frank, it is just that. Chelsea can't afford to wait for him to learn on the job, they're going to need someone who has been around the block, especially with the transfer embargo

The football might not be to their liking, but it would be stupid to get a new manager in when they can't do anything but use what is in place, unless they find someone willing, who can make better use of the players already there. 

They may regard the season as a "write off" and, with the lowered expectation because of the transfer ban, as an opportunity for Frank to ease his way in. A free hit.

I'm surprised that they're letting Hazard go in such circumstances, albeit a honourable move towards a great servant.

The odds are because people keep putting money on it.

I'm not worried in the slightest because I don't think Chelsea look to The Championship for their managers.

Nothing has indicated he's leaving. Only idle gossip. Not anything either club has said or anything said by the man himself. 

We have heard planning for next season.

I mean Chelsea. Chelsea who have zero patience with anyone who doesn't win trophies. And little patience with those that don't win the biggest ones. And people think they'll come for the Derby manager after finishing 6th. C'mon. 

I’m still not hugely bothered either way to be honest, frank is decent and I’d be happy for him to carry on the job, but if Chelsea Chuck us millions for him I can’t say I’d begrudge him the move or that we couldn’t replace him. Wouldn’t ever take notice of bookies odds tho, personally I think unless Sarri does weirdly decide to leave and go back to Italy and Chelsea need a manager right away, that frank will be here another year. So for now we just carry on as normal, start recruiting for next year, sort out our finances, budgets, targets etc for what we want to achieve. Like I say I don’t think Chelsea will sack Sarri so it’s hard to tell when we can be assured of the coachings staffs futures, so we just continue as we are. If Mel sells up things could change as well, which is what I thought would happen, but it looks more likely that he’ll stay now imo. That’s the only other factor that would have affecting things imo if the board changed.

Cant say frank should be getting a new contract tho, he’s on a 3 year deal and done the job so far, he continues on that three year job as it stands for now imo. Shouldn’t be needing to throw out new contracts to keep them here. Just keep an eye over the next few weeks and we’ll see how things go.

I am in no way concerned as there is no way Chelsea are considering Frank.  Its just a sentimental rumour drummed up by their fans.  If Sarri leaves then it'll be another big name foreign manager taking the helm at the bridge.

The only way Frank leaves this summer is if he feels that it will be be difficult to operate on the budget he's be told to work with.

I dont think sarri will leave they'll give him a second season. They came third in the league, reached a league cup final & won last night 

Last night was the most id ever seen sarri smile. He hasn't had that much of a bad season although it is chelses

Regarding their transfer ban only one player is leaving & that is hazard. The rest like luiz have all signed contracts.

This ban is being over hyped. It will be the same team minus hazard & huguain. The likes of odoi will get more of a chance & they'll possibly give batshuayi another go

Tomori gets no where near their starting line up. 

I think people are overreacting even with the loss of hazard they are still better thsn united & arsenal... They arnt going  to bring in frank & start dropping kante & willian for mason mount 

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Tomori gets no where near their starting line up. 

He's done well, really well, but he has an abundance of players infront of him:

Rudiger, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Ampadu* & Kurt Zouma. They've also got the likes of Hector, Clarke-Slater, Kalas, Miazga and Omerou in a similar boat and I've probably missed a couple. They'll no doubt have players coming through now that will probably have promise too. 

Tomori at the minute, with all the will in the world, plays cup games and that's it. 

Archived