Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MK

Cricket World Cup 2019

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Srg said:

Sky are allowing the World Cup final to be free-to-air live on channel 4 on Sunday... so those without Sky, dip your bread. 

Bravo Sky!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Srg said:

Sky are allowing the World Cup final to be free-to-air live on channel 4 on Sunday... so those without Sky, dip your bread. 

Interesting what F1 have to say. British GP this weekend - C4's only live race.

Come on England!

This World Cup has been class - productivity is at an all time low. Headphones in, TMS on, office noise blanked out.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Awesome today, but let's face it, even if we spank New Zealand and win the World Cup, they'll still lose out in the BBC Team of the Year to the women's football team. 

Isn't it a democratic vote ? 😉

If they win the world cup I'd be surprised (but not disappointed( if the Ladies won team of the year. The lasses have been superb and have broken down a lot of barriers this year.

The overall issue of course is in the coverage.

The fact the Woman's World Cup was on the BBC meant the entire country was able to watch it, the fact that up until now the CWC has been on Sky means it's a drastically reduced audience and there's nowt like watching a game on TV to help you get behind the buzz.

Was it 6.5 million who watched the Lionesses in the Semi's> Compare that to how many were able to watch Sky today.

Fair play to Sky for opening up the Final but I think there is a massive case for putting ANY World Cups. European Championships or Olympics on terrestrial TV.

Oh and by the way.

It's coming home 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Awesome today, but let's face it, even if we spank New Zealand and win the World Cup, they'll still lose out in the BBC Team of the Year to the women's football team. 

Doubt it. 4th place wasn't what the BBC thought would happen. They definetly had them in the final and possibly winning it at the start. 

Nailed on Cricket team if they win it, closely followed Man City for the treble. 

However, Megan Rapinoe is a shoe in for the International sports person award. 

Edited by CWC1983

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Doubt it. 4th place wasn't what the BBC thought would happen. They definetly had them in the final and possibly winning it at the start. 

Nailed on Cricket team if they win it, closely followed Man City for the treble. 

However, Megan Rapinoe is a shoe in for the International sports person award. 

Nah...itll be Jason Roy 🤣

Share this post


Link to post

Not a cricket fan, by any stretch of the imagination but I'm always pleased when any English, GB team do well. I'd cheer on a tiddly winks game if England were winning.

As I stated not a cricket fan, just watched the highlights on tv, which had me wondering why batsmen can constantly hit a high percentage of balls bowled at them for fours and sixes. While in a county or test match the score seems to go at a snails pace. Is the bowling different in OD games to other games?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Doubt it. 4th place wasn't what the BBC thought would happen. They definetly had them in the final and possibly winning it at the start. 

Nailed on Cricket team if they win it, closely followed Man City for the treble. 

However, Megan Rapinoe is a shoe in for the International sports person award. 

Did you watch her speech the other day? Brilliant, difficult to disagree with anything she said and pretty inspiring.

I've not paid attention to what she's said in the past so maybe she's been a bit of a nut job and I've missed it but that speech has elevated her to a different level.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Not a cricket fan, by any stretch of the imagination but I'm always pleased when any English, GB team do well. I'd cheer on a tiddly winks game if England were winning.

As I stated not a cricket fan, just watched the highlights on tv, which had me wondering why batsmen can constantly hit a high percentage of balls bowled at them for fours and sixes. While in a county or test match the score seems to go at a snails pace. Is the bowling different in OD games to other games?

Field placings more than bowling. More restrictions in one dayers. 10 overs max per bowler whereas 4 day and test matches no restriction on number of overs. Some say Jason Roy may struggle against four slips in a test match but hell let him loose I say! Different type of ball used too! Boring stuff in the detail!! But fair play @1of4 for giving it a go! 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Did you watch her speech the other day? Brilliant, difficult to disagree with anything she said and pretty inspiring.

I've not paid attention to what she's said in the past so maybe she's been a bit of a nut job and I've missed it but that speech has elevated her to a different level.

She’s doing rather  well in poll for candidate in 2020 American presidency race too. Go girl!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Doubt it. 4th place wasn't what the BBC thought would happen. They definetly had them in the final and possibly winning it at the start. 

Nailed on Cricket team if they win it, closely followed Man City for the treble. 

However, Megan Rapinoe is a shoe in for the International sports person award. 

Bye bye post-Brexit famine relief convoys from the USA.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Doubt it. 4th place wasn't what the BBC thought would happen. They definetly had them in the final and possibly winning it at the start. 

Nailed on Cricket team if they win it, closely followed Man City for the treble. 

However, Megan Rapinoe is a shoe in for the International sports person award. 

That's the sensible view. But don't necessarily expect it to be the outcome given the current climate.

You're probably right about Rapinoe, though I find her quite vile. 

Share this post


Link to post

First few overs are key, if England can keep former Derbyshire batsman Martin Guptils miserable World Cup going, i think we win. If Guptil suddenly fires then it’s really game on.

Edited by jimbo jones

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.