Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MK

Cricket World Cup 2019

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Oh dear despite a good innings by Stokes we managed to loose to Sri Lanka 

I can never really get used to the idea of England being good at one dayers though. I feel all is right in the world knowing the words "england batting collapse" are somewhere nearby throughout the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Curtains said:

No mate it’s too expensive.

Do you like Cricket lol. 

When the Hampshire county ground was in the centre of Southampton used to go to the Sunday games cos the beer tent was open all afternoon when the pubs were shut 👍

Cricket was usually pretty good. David gower, Robin Smith, malcolm Marshall etc..

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

When the Hampshire county ground was in the centre of Southampton used to go to the Sunday games cos the beer tent was open all afternoon when the pubs were shut 👍

Cricket was usually pretty good. David gower, Robin Smith, malcolm Marshall etc..

 

Good game going on in Southampton today. 

Afghanistan bowling well against India

India are 185-4 after 42.2  overs. 

I presume the beer tent was well popular then. 

Gower was a brilliant left hand batsman and Smith was a big hitter and Marshall very fast .

I think you were spoilt watching them .

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Good game going on in Southampton today. 

Afghanistan bowling well against India

India are 185-4 after 42.2  overs. 

I presume the beer tent was well popular then. 

Gower was a brilliant left hand batsman and Smith was a big hitter and Marshall very fast .

I think you were spoilt watching them .

The ground is now about 6 miles out of town but has been put in a very difficult spot to access. It's right by the motorway but 2 miles from the nearest junction and it's all minor roads.

So I'm in the Cleveland Bay having walked the dog and the game's on the tv 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The ground is now about 6 miles out of town but has been put in a very difficult spot to access. It's right by the motorway but 2 miles from the nearest junction and it's all minor roads.

So I'm in the Cleveland Bay having walked the dog and the game's on the tv 👍

Chandlers Ford .

Wife used to live in Shirley lol. 

Stopped in the Holiday Express near the Rose Bowl when going on the Independence of the Seas I think. .

Love Southampton mate. 

PS Afghanistan need 226 against India 

Edited by Curtains

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Chandlers Ford .

Wife used to live in Shirley lol. 

Stopped in the Holiday Express near the Rose Bowl when going on the Independence of the Seas I think. .

Love Southampton mate. 

PS Afghanistan need 226 against India 

I know shirley well. I used to live in portswood when I moved to Southampton. Been here 27 years now and its grand. 

But I never forget my roots 👍

Share this post


Link to post

I get quite annoyed when commentators use the phrase 'a good pitch' to describe a track entirely favourable to batters.

This morning one of them even added that there had been no sideways movement as evidence that it was a good pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Curtains said:

England will bowl after winning toss against Australia 

Hopefully skittle the top order. Really want us to tonk Australia.

People moan about Argentine football, but they ain't got nothing on aussie cricket.....

In other news, quite enjoyed cricket fever on netflix, series following mubai indians for an IPL season.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hopefully skittle the top order. Really want us to tonk Australia.

People moan about Argentine football, but they ain't got nothing on aussie cricket.....

In other news, quite enjoyed cricket fever on netflix, series following mubai indians for an IPL season.

Haven’t watched IPL but I’m told it’s very entertaining .

England vs Australia is always box office lol. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.