Cricket World Cup 2019

MK

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up early, scrolled through this thread. Entertaining read knowing the result. I admit I was shaking like a leaf then I had a blubber as it all unfolded. One of THE sporting moments of all time, no doubt. Massive big up to New Zealand too, sportsmanship of the highest order. I retreated to the local to calm myself, just the job! Bring on The Ashes! 

25 minutes ago, dog said:

Will the bat eating be televised?

ECB are looking into ways to find it the smallest possible televised audience "for the good of the game".

I think New Zealand should've won because they lost fewer wickets in their innings, but its totally arbitrary in situations where match then tie breaker are tied whatever you choose as the method is going to be arbitrary.

That fluked 4 off the bat....

The amount of luck we had was insane... from an LBW given that was missing the top of off, to being caught on the ropes and stepping on them, to the 4 overthrows off the bat... crazy.

Then we even bowled a wide in the Super Over, and still somehow restricted them. Thought there was no chance after Neesham hit that 6.

Most dramatic match I've ever seen or likely to see.

We definitely got some crazy luck but really pleased for the guys.

Sounds patronising but if ever a trophy deserved to be shared, then New Zealand deserved at least that. Kane Williamson and his team have won a lot of fans and respect, including me - absolute credit to the sport.

Loved reading this today from about page 11. He doesnt need to eat the cricket bat for me, we are all the same worried, anxious, nervous, rollar coaster fans in one way or another. I was relieved Eddie was watching genteel stuff out at Chesterfield. Anyone over 55 could have been in trouble watching that. 

Bleedin heck England, when we actually win stuff we dont like easy street do we. 66 extra time, 03 Johnny,s last minute wonder goal... and then this. Im actually lost for words. Such drama. And boy have we had a season, year of sporting drama. Its been amazing since Jan. Liverpool and Spurs games, then THAT last match v Leeds. But this was the most crazy I have ever seen. Well done England, thanks. Its been emotional.

17 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Most dramatic match I've ever seen or likely to see.

We definitely got some crazy luck but really pleased for the guys.

Sounds patronising but if ever a trophy deserved to be shared, then New Zealand deserved at least that. Kane Williamson and his team have won a lot of fans and respect, including me - absolute credit to the sport.

I still ended up disliking them as I was turned against them by the guy in the commentary box. We have Nasser Hussain's brand of playing down England, compared to the partizan anti-England pro-opposition from all the other commentators. The guy was literally celebrating multiple times towards the end - had to mute it several times.

Archived