Cricket World Cup 2019

MK

23 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Guptil out, big wicket that, as he was starting to get going.

First review was brillaint. Second an absolute shocker ? You can get more plum than that. Jofra has been getting most of the plaudits and perhaps rightly so but Woakes has been excellent for me, taing key wickets at key times.

Ball seems to be doing a bit and I'm wondering whether batting first was the call. I know it's the trend but might the pitch play a bit easier later in the day?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

First review was brillaint. Second an absolute shocker ? You can get more plum than that. Jofra has been getting most of the plaudits and perhaps rightly so but Woakes has been excellent for me, taing key wickets at key times.

Ball seems to be doing a bit and I'm wondering whether batting first was the call. I know it's the trend but might the pitch play a bit easier later in the day?

One of those times you really need the non strike batsman to have the balls to go, it was plum mate on your bike...if your New Zealand

hopefully Ross Taylor gets a dodgy one and can’t review now ?

Just now, jimbo jones said:

One of those times you really need the non strike batsman to have the balls to go, it was plum mate on your bike...if your New Zealand

Weirdly I think Guptil was happy to walk! Seen some shocking reviews in this tournament to be honest but very little to match Jonny's immediately followed by an even worse call from umpire to give Roy out caught behind. No wonder Roy was fuming ?

8 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Weirdly I think Guptil was happy to walk! Seen some shocking reviews in this tournament to be honest but very little to match Jonny's immediately followed by an even worse call from umpire to give Roy out caught behind. No wonder Roy was fuming ?

To be fair, think you’re right, he looked ready to  walk. Think if Nichols told him it looked out he would have, so I’m guessing he didn’t do that.

good stuff this from Plunkett.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

To be fair, think you’re right, he looked ready to  walk. Think if Nichols told him it looked out he would have, so I’m guessing he didn’t do that.

good stuff this from Plunkett.

And the skipper. Switched the bowlers' ends and probably had a word too. Can't really work out whether this pitch is particularly helpful to the bowler but if the Kiwis don't set a proper target we might be able to just bat out Trent Boult's overs.

England's to lose from here I think. NZ at 250 ish total I think they'll manage, if the kiwi's get beyond that it goes back into the balance. NZ are good at defending lowish looking totals.

And for people like me who formative years were England all out for 46 in a test match, the nagging fear that a batting collapse is always just around the corner never goes away.

41 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

A round of applause for you Sir

Archived