Tom Lawrence

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Poor stats - 8 goal contributions in the league this season making him our 2nd best wide player. Norwich had 2 better, Leeds 2 better, West Brom 2 better, Villa 1 better

Lazy - I recall Lampard saying Lawrence covers more ground than almost any other player (Bryson and Mount only ones higher?)

Luck - You need to buy a ticket to win the lottery. Which goals were from mistakes/ricochets? I can only think of potentially the Leeds freekick at the start of the season

Blind alleys - More or less 1 successful dribble for every unsuccessful one. Lawrence has a 47.8% dribble success, Bennett 40%, Jozefzoon 46.2%, Wilson 41.7%. Lawrence does 'run down blind alleys' more than others... probably because he attempts to more than any other player in the team. The numbers show he's our best wide man at it though.

Ipswich  keeper mistake, Bristol city scuff and lucky deflection  Ipswich away lucky deflection, leeds keeper mistake,  more than 50 percent of his goals this season are either lucky or mistakes,  end product is very poor,

3 hours ago, brankostrupar said:

Lawrence is dogshit and has done  very little in two seasons

That’s very harsh, he frustrates many fans as he has ability but seems to squander it. Think his main problem is he can’t seem to read the game very well which can lead to poor decision making.

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

That’s very harsh, he frustrates many fans as he has ability but seems to squander it. Think his main problem is he can’t seem to read the game very well which can lead to poor decision making.

its week after week,  in two seasons I can count on one hand how many really good games hes had for Derby 

This is such a strange thread, all the Lawrence hate really confuses me.

The main criticism appears to be that he doesn’t play to his ability consistently? If he played like he did against West Brom 3 or 4 games out of 5 he’d be a premier league player. That’s the difference between the divisions. 

He’s had a good season, plays more direct than our other forwards and really frightens people when he gets going. If you want exciting attacking football then you need players like Lawrence. If he was to leave most of those criticising him would soon realise what they took for granted.

2 hours ago, brankostrupar said:

I'll say whatever I want, hes garbage, he contributes very little, and for a attacking player pushing at the top end of the league his stats are poor,  hes lazy, a considerable amount of goals are from goalkeeping mistakes or lucky richoches, he runs down blind alleys and hes greedy,   anything else you want to know ?

Can just tell that you think James Milner is better than Neymar 

8 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

This is such a strange thread, all the Lawrence hate really confuses me.

The main criticism appears to be that he doesn’t play to his ability consistently? If he played like he did against West Brom 3 or 4 games out of 5 he’d be a premier league player. That’s the difference between the divisions. 

He’s had a good season, plays more direct than our other forwards and really frightens people when he gets going. If you want exciting attacking football then you need players like Lawrence. If he was to leave most of those criticising him would soon realise what they took for granted.

worse end product than johnny Russell........and I didn't even rate russell

3 minutes ago, brankostrupar said:

no I'm aware of what creative players should have if you aren't then fair enough 

Please enlighten us with your qualifications and/or experience that affords you such an in-depth knowledge of football, because based on your posts so far I expect most of what you know is either written in wax crayon on a bit of sugar paper or smeared in excrement on a wall somewhere.

Archived