Tom Lawrence

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

His mum died a couple of weeks back, quite how he carried on playing football through that I don’t know.

Possibly his two best performances in a Rams shirt too. Go figure.

I guess what we don't know is whether it has been a long illness. She could have been seriously ill the whole time he's been with us.  Who knows. 

Let's see how the lad does next season.

I'll say whatever I want, hes garbage, he contributes very little, and for a attacking player pushing at the top end of the league his stats are poor,  hes lazy, a considerable amount of goals are from goalkeeping mistakes or lucky richoches, he runs down blind alleys and hes greedy,   anything else you want to know ?

10 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Possibly his two best performances in a Rams shirt too. Go figure.

I guess what we don't know is whether it has been a long illness. She could have been seriously ill the whole time he's been with us.  Who knows. 

Let's see how the lad does next season.

It certainly seemed to give him so extra drive, desperate to do her proud I guess.

This is the thing, it could’ve been affecting his performances for a long time. Similar things happening to Dawkins affected his time with us as well. He may well find his form again next season.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

It certainly seemed to give him so extra drive, desperate to do her proud I guess.

This is the thing, it could’ve been affecting his performances for a long time. Similar things happening to Dawkins affected his time with us as well. He may well find his form again next season.

without wanting to sound horrible, no room for sentiment in football, if its affecting him, don't play him

8 minutes ago, brankostrupar said:

without wanting to sound horrible, no room for sentiment in football, if its affecting him, don't play him

I think there’s got to be room for sentiment in any walk of life, what sort of a world would it be if we didn’t care about how people feel? I know from my mental health problems the last thing you want is to just be binned off by people cause you’re struggling. He needed help getting through and football can offer that. Its more than just a game in that respect. I’m sure he would’ve been offered time out as any decent club would offer him in that situation, but if he didn’t take it then he obviously felt up for it enough to play on through it which is admirable. He had a good end to the season imo.

11 minutes ago, brankostrupar said:

once you understand football you'll realise,  clueless........

What a condescending post. The forum is for people to post their opinion and be able to disagree without childish replies. 

I consider myself to understand football, be able to see thi gs that are happening on the pitch, where people contribute etc and I can see what Lawrence brings to the team and can see what we are missing when he isn't in the team, I feel sorry for you if you can't see that. 

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

What a condescending post. The forum is for people to post their opinion and be able to disagree without childish replies. 

I consider myself to understand football, be able to see thi gs that are happening on the pitch, where people contribute etc and I can see what Lawrence brings to the team and can see what we are missing when he isn't in the team, I feel sorry for you if you can't see that. 

Thanks for the defence rynny! I also consider myself to have a decent understanding of football - Especially the football at Derby - Having been a season ticket holder fro 25+ years I've seen a fair bit of it

Although I'm going to spoil it with the rather childish response of:

27 minutes ago, brankostrupar said:

once you understand football you'll realise,  clueless........

image.png.96116abaf63a9ce3a7f74dd78d7d9d49.png

46 minutes ago, brankostrupar said:

I'll say whatever I want, hes garbage, he contributes very little, and for a attacking player pushing at the top end of the league his stats are poor,  hes lazy, a considerabl e amount of goals are from goalkeeping mistakes or lucky richoches, he runs down blind alleys and hes greedy,   anything else you want to know ?

Come on. Don't sit on the fence. Tell us what you really think.

18 minutes ago, brankostrupar said:

I'll say whatever I want, hes garbage, he contributes very little, and for a attacking player pushing at the top end of the league his stats are poor,  hes lazy, a considerable amount of goals are from goalkeeping mistakes or lucky richoches, he runs down blind alleys and hes greedy,   anything else you want to know ?

Poor stats - 8 goal contributions in the league this season making him our 2nd best wide player. Norwich had 2 better, Leeds 2 better, West Brom 2 better, Villa 1 better

Lazy - I recall Lampard saying Lawrence covers more ground than almost any other player (Bryson and Mount only ones higher?)

Luck - You need to buy a ticket to win the lottery. Which goals were from mistakes/ricochets? I can only think of potentially the Leeds freekick at the start of the season

Blind alleys - More or less 1 successful dribble for every unsuccessful one. Lawrence has a 47.8% dribble success, Bennett 40%, Jozefzoon 46.2%, Wilson 41.7%. Lawrence does 'run down blind alleys' more than others... probably because he attempts to more than any other player in the team. The numbers show he's our best wide man at it though.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

ill say what I want, lets see where Lawrence goes after he leaves and what he achieves in the game

The only thing with Lawrence is he has the abilie and talent and if he could he more consistent he'd be a premier league player.

some think the inconsistencies are because he's "not trying" which is baffling.

I actually really like and rate Lawrence. It's also worth noting he was put into a front two with Bennett at Wembley, not wide or the tip of the diamond. And yes, it wasn't his best, but he did try.

Archived