Mixed Bag

LE_Ram

Bit of a mixed bag yesterday so thought I'd share some thoughts, always been a believer in bad news then good so we'll start with the bad…

The Bad

- The result (obviously). Yes it's a shame we lost and in a weird way I think I'd have been less annoyed if Villa had tonked us 4-0 again, the most frustrating thing is how well we played in the last 20/30 minutes and how close we were to getting an equaliser. I can think of a couple of chances where it goes in, gets to 2-2 and then it’s a difference game entirely.

- The crowd. No I don't mean the atmosphere which from where I was in block 113 pretty good, especially considering the lack of much to feed off on the pitch. But late teens and early 20s lads who had come mainly for the pish up and couldn't handle their beer (or coke as the case probably was for a lot of them) mouthing off at anyone and everything and generally turning the atmosphere from the family carnival good atmosphere outside to an angry and intimidating one.

- East Midlands Trains. I was one of the lucky ones and managed to squeeze onto the 18:51 to Sheffield but I could see the probably thousands in the queue behind me.  I get there's a large crowd trying to get back to the East Mids, but no extra trains, no queue system, no information and a dangerous amount of people is a recipe for disaster and generally poor planning.

But……. There's certainly a lot to be cheerful for as a Ram

The Good

- We bloody well got to Wembley. Would've bitten your hand off to get playoffs at the start of the season, getting to the final (and beating Leeds at Elland Road to get there) was a dream scenario. Anyone who says we haven't progressed under Lampard, give your heads a wobble.

- What a day we had down in London. Couple of beers, in the sunshine, soaking up the atmosphere with the fellow Rams. 99.9% of the Villa fans we came across were friendly and up for a chat about the game both before and after, gracious in victory too.

- Finished above Forest… again

- We have the best U18s in the country, loads of promising talent coming through the Academy at the minute and hopefully we can start to integrate some into the first team next season as we have with Bogle this season.

- We're still (as I write this) managed by Frank Lampard - a man who has united the fans, integrated youth, attracted some of the best loan talent to Pride Park, taken us to Wembley in his first season as a manager, and who will continue to learn and get better.

- We've had some great days this season and I can say I've thoroughly enjoyed it. QPR home, WBA home and away Reading away, Bristol away, Birmingham home, Man U away, Chelsea away… I could go on.

- We don't have to deal with Sky and their Sunday afternoon, Monday night football nonsense. Proper kickoffs at 3pm on Saturday, cheers.

This is by no means an exhaustive list but you get the idea. The bad points are temporary, all the good is looking to the future. Yes we lost at Wembley, but that doesn't make the future any less bright or me any less proud to be a Ram.

UTR, DTID ❤️

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived