Curtis Davies at Wembley

Spanish

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. It was great to run into him there and he was hanging around with the fans for ages. I also said hi to Roger Davies, Marc Edworthy and Michael Johnson but they were (understandably) in a hurry to get on whereas it looked as if Curtis was going to be there taking selfies all day.

Full marks to Davies, just like Bryson and Nuge joining in with the fans the night before.

We saw yet again at Wembley how badly we struggle with crosses coming into our box. Curtis can transform that, but of course there's a cost now we'll lose Fikayo's extraordinary pace and good ability on the ball.

dangerously close to this becoming a who loves/hates Keogh - which would be very unfair in my opinion. I'd agree however than we need someone who can command the box and do a bit of 'head it kick it'. Quite where that leaves Keogh next season I dunno.

1 minute ago, DCFC Ram said:

dangerously close to this becoming a who loves/hates Keogh - which would be very unfair in my opinion. I'd agree however than we need someone who can command the box and do a bit of 'head it kick it'. Quite where that leaves Keogh next season I dunno.

They played the majority of the 17/18 season alongside each other. I don't see any issue with them doing so again if Tomori isn't available for loan.

8 minutes ago, Anon said:

They played the majority of the 17/18 season alongside each other. I don't see any issue with them doing so again if Tomori isn't available for loan.

agreed - provided that we'll be happy with the same outcome as that of 17/18. Which may be enough or not I guess.

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

We sung ‘One Seth Johnson’ and got him to start the bounce. He seemed to appreciate the love in a very humble way.

Was his knee ok for this?

Did he have the massive bag of money that Leeds gave him?

that 11 point season wouldn’t have happened like it did if he hadn’t got that injury. Seth to Savage. Dear oh dear.

54 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Have a think.  And then you will see Keogh will be our CB if he decides to stay ( which I'm sure he will as long as Frank stays )

1 hour ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Have a think.  And then you will see Keogh will be our CB if he decides to stay ( which I'm sure he will as long as Frank stays )

and here we go again. I have 'had a think thanks'. In fact I have been 'having a think' for several seasons during which time we have fallen short and struggled defensively.

What I said in my short post was ' I'd agree that we need someone who can command the box  and do a bit of 'head it kick it'. 

Maybe when they put the ball into our box, say perhaps from a corner?

But feel free to turn this into a Keogh hater / lover thread if you really must. 

4 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

and here we go again. I have 'had a think thanks'. In fact I have been 'having a think' for several seasons during which time we have fallen short and struggled defensively.

What I said in my short post was ' I'd agree that we need someone who can command the box  and do a bit of 'head it kick it'. 

But feel free to turn this into a Keogh hater / lover thread if you really must. 

This is a curtis Davies thread. You're the one who brought Keogh into it and the only one who mentioned it turning into a Keogh hating thread. No one else

5 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

This is a curtis Davies thread. You're the one who brought Keogh into it and the only one who mentioned it turning into a Keogh hating thread. No one else

you know what mate, I just can't be bothered to respond any more.

26 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

You did that with your first post in the thread

The OP and others were talking about meeting  players current /former on the day

I got through most of a can in the time it took Curtis to go past us. Pictures for anyone one who wanted one and some joking and smiling for those that didn't.

Mel also wondered down Wembley Way about an hour before Curtis, too early for me but my mum spoke to him.

Archived