Lift to PPs from South West

BodminRam

Hi all early stages at the mo, but after seeing Derby fans from all over down here at the Ashton Gate, and quite a few at the service stations on my way home yesterday, was curious at the response I would get if I suggested hiring a mini bus to some selected home games. I don't mind driving and living in Bodmin could even go via Plymouth , or no takers from their then Exeter .  This would be be a non profit organised trip and we would discuss matches to attend. I don't know costs yet, as I stated its early days, so at the mo. I'm just getting a feel for numbers and if it was worth trying.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Hi all early stages at the mo, but after seeing Derby fans from all over down here at the Ashton Gate, and quite a few at the service stations on my way home yesterday, was curious at the response I would get if I suggested hiring a mini bus to some selected home games. I don't mind driving and living in Bodmin could even go via Plymouth , or no takers from their then Exeter .  This would be be a non profit organised trip and we would discuss matches to attend. I don't know costs yet, as I stated its early days, so at the mo. I'm just getting a feel for numbers and if it was worth trying.

If you go through Exeter, I'd be keen. I can get a train to St Davids and sort something out from there. 

Would certainly beat the train to Derby! ?

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If you go through Exeter, I'd be keen. I can get a train to St Davids and sort something out from there. 

Would certainly beat the train to Derby! ?

Yes I can. your lucky to be able to get a train, I cant down here, I can get to the match, but the last train back to Bodmin means I have to leave at half time.lol

Just now, BodminRam said:

Yes I can. your lucky to be able to get a train, I cant down here, I can get to the match, but the last train back to Bodmin means I have to leave at half time.lol

Those trains are a nightmare! I head down that way quite a lot because my sister lives in Falmouth. Normally takes me about four hours with 2/3 changes ?

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Those trains are a nightmare! I head down that way quite a lot because my sister lives in Falmouth. Normally takes me about four hours with 2/3 changes ?

Just trying to get to more games, and keeping the cost down, costs nearly 200 a game with food fuel and tickets for us two, am hoping this kicks off for my sins I just love going and give others down here a chance of more affordable games, their is a SW supporters club but its near Bristol

On 28/05/2019 at 12:04, BodminRam said:

Just trying to get to more games, and keeping the cost down, costs nearly 200 a game with food fuel and tickets for us two, am hoping this kicks off for my sins I just love going and give others down here a chance of more affordable games, their is a SW supporters club but its near Bristol

When I win the lottery BodminRam, ill send my private plane down to pick you up.

(just don't offer directions to the pilot) ?

It shows how much attention I pay to this site, despite visiting it everyday I'd never noticed this Rams around the world section. 

I'd be all over this mini bus idea, myself and my 8 year old have season tickets and try to go to as many away matches as we can.

I'd be more than happy to help with the driving, anything to help this work. 

Please keep me in the loop of any plans for this and definitely put us 2 down as deffinites for any (every) match that you consider running it. 

8 hours ago, NewquayRam said:

It shows how much attention I pay to this site, despite visiting it everyday I'd never noticed this Rams around the world section. 

I'd be all over this mini bus idea, myself and my 8 year old have season tickets and try to go to as many away matches as we can.

I'd be more than happy to help with the driving, anything to help this work. 

Please keep me in the loop of any plans for this and definitely put us 2 down as deffinites for any (every) match that you consider running it. 

I can vouch for @BodminRam in case your worried about him. He's very unlikely to murder you on the way to Pride Park.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Squid said:

I mean.. I'm down Newquay as of Friday travelling back the Friday before the Hudds game, if you can fit in the boot with the tent and all the other stuff, you can stay in there 'til the Huddersfield game??

Good luck to the poor bugger in the boot for the 10 hour journey up the M5

Hi all, at the mo  im trying to sort out a hire company that lets you hire on the Saturday and return on the Saturday, otherwise it is too expensive, a lot are stating it must be purchased for the weekend. I am still trying, and will let you all know as soon as I know more

Archived