Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SuperDerbySuperRams

Retained List

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, jake0603 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see these players going on permanents too (if we can find takers), freeing up transfer funds and wages:

carson, Mitchell, Lowe, Forsyth, wisdom, huddlestone, Thorne, Mcallister, anya, Martin 

You'd sell the two players who have performed really well at the clubs they've been on loan to...? They'll have another pre-season to impress and will be in our first team squad or out on loan again next season.

Share this post


Link to post

I have to say that Johnson is one of the worst players I have seen. He can’t pass and his technique is woeful. He isn’t a holding midfielder nor is he attack minded. He is one where the contract should not be renewed. The same for Bryson. It is time to move on with Bryson. I don’t understand the Jozefzoon situation. Why hasn’t he been playing? 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, jake0603 said:

Of the 2, I’d favour keeping Johnson, think shinnie is more of a Bryson replacement if anything. Clearly Bryson is still a big character around the club, if he’s on reduced terms and is an option in the squad when fit, think he’s probably worth keeping. 

Well Shinnie plays defensive midfield, so I guess we will see, but unless we are moving his position then it would look like Johnson he's replacing.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You'd sell the two players who have performed really well at the clubs they've been on loan to...? They'll have another pre-season to impress and will be in our first team squad or out on loan again next season.

Clearly Lowe is a talent, I’m not saying all those players aren’t, I’m just thinking financially. If we have malone and Forsyth plus macdonald, why not cash in on Lowe? That money can be put towards a new keeper/ CM/ CB/ winger. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, jake0603 said:

Clearly Lowe is a talent, I’m not saying all those players aren’t, I’m just thinking financially. If we have malone and Forsyth plus macdonald, why not cash in on Lowe? That money can be put towards a new keeper/ CM/ CB/ winger

I don't think Lowe is worth £20m that can buy 4 players once he's sold. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I don't think Lowe is worth £20m that can buy 4 players once he's sold. 

Haha, I put the slashes in there to indicate we could get 1 of those position from the sale of Lowe, he’s probably worth £2m maybe? Optimistically? 

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I have to say that Johnson is one of the worst players I have seen. He can’t pass and his technique is woeful. He isn’t a holding midfielder nor is he attack minded. He is one where the contract should not be renewed. The same for Bryson. It is time to move on with Bryson. I don’t understand the Jozefzoon situation. Why hasn’t he been playing? 

Because BJ is good championship player, Zoon on the other hand, is not up to it and needs to be moved on whilst he has some value

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Because BJ is good championship player, Zoon on the other hand, is not up to it and needs to be moved on whilst he has some value

We will have to disagree over Johnson as I think he offers nothing. If Jozefzoon isn’t up to standard then why did we buy him? Surely scouts would of picked up on this. Secondly, who bought him then?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Warwick Ram said:

We will have to disagree over Johnson as I think he offers nothing. If Jozefzoon isn’t up to standard then why did we buy him? Surely scouts would of picked up on this. Secondly, who bought him then?

no guarantees when you buy a player, he looked ok at first now not so.  We have to be tougher if they don't meet the standard they have to go.  BJ should have gone in year 2 rather than lose him now for nothing.  I don't believe BJ is brilliant just a lot better than you think and will help us get out of this league next year

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

I have to say that Johnson is one of the worst players I have seen. He can’t pass and his technique is woeful. He isn’t a holding midfielder nor is he attack minded. He is one where the contract should not be renewed. The same for Bryson. It is time to move on with Bryson. I don’t understand the Jozefzoon situation. Why hasn’t he been playing? 

Some statement that. I am a huge Huddlestone fan but Johnson did that role far better yesterday, including the passing. Was integral in us getting to the play offs. He has easily done enough to earn a new deal but it is probably best he moves on, Bryson hasn't done enough and should also go. If we do only offer one of them a new deal, Johnson over Bryson all day. We should certainly not keep both.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

We will have to disagree over Johnson as I think he offers nothing. If Jozefzoon isn’t up to standard then why did we buy him? Surely scouts would of picked up on this. Secondly, who bought him then?

Do you really want to start a list of players we have signed that have turned out to not make the impact we were expecting? JF wouldn't be the first example by any means. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Hope that new contract for Roos is ripped up tbh

Just because he made a mistake....honestly 🙄🙄

Over the season he has been fantastic!! 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jake0603 said:

Spoilers, this’ll be it:

released:

Cole, Olsson, Ambrose, Pearce (already joined millwall), butterfield, Blackman, nugent 

in talks: roos, Bryson, Johnson 

Despite the mistake yesterday, hard not to offer Roos a new contract, he won’t be on a big amount anyway, Johnson probably does deserve one but only if he’ll agree to reduced terms, same with Bryson. 

Think Ambrose has done ok should offer him 3 year deal.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mick Brolly said:

Think Ambrose has done ok should offer him 3 year deal.

Up there with Blessing Kaku and Michael Boulding in my book. Legend.

Share this post


Link to post

I think we should retain the players Lampard wants to keep and let go the ones he thinks he can find a decent replacement for

I've turned a corner after the Leeds game and am trying to celebrate a new culture of positivity (some call it "The B4 Way") - No dwelling on yesterday - No complaining about tactical decisions and/or player weaknesses - No grumbling about what's already happened

Positive, forward thinking, supportive - BOOM

 

 

 

(let's see how long this lasts...)

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

 I don’t understand the Jozefzoon situation. Why hasn’t he been playing? 

Largely because he has been ineffective when starting. He’s had a handful of decent cameos when brought on as a sub when we’ve been chasing the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

Just because he made a mistake....honestly 🙄🙄

Over the season he has been fantastic!! 

Regardless of yesterday’s mistake, I have been oddly unconvinced by Roos despite him not doing much wrong. Think he is an excellent backup at Championship level. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

I have to say that Johnson is one of the worst players I have seen. He can’t pass and his technique is woeful. He isn’t a holding midfielder nor is he attack minded. He is one where the contract should not be renewed. The same for Bryson. It is time to move on with Bryson. I don’t understand the Jozefzoon situation. Why hasn’t he been playing? 

My guess with Jozefzoon is that he wasn't a Lampard signing?

Maybe he was selected as a purchase and Lampard doesn't rate him.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.